Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Unless you overdrive it and send the wheel into orbit.

Hence why I have a internally gated turbine housing... Though with enough air n fuel one can exceed that safety cushion.... Current gate cracks open at 25-26# it will do 36-37# with 5*.014 injectors and new CAC... EGTs still same roughly and still spins the crap out of the little guy

Side note.. seams Wilson is only company that will entertain a trailer with basic specs 10+25+5 with 72" spread version of their ad1080 Trailer.... Hopefully end of the year I'll be buying a trailer..

Last edited:
Lesson learned... no used blast systems for me again. No thanks... phuck this.
Or trailers from the east coast. Never again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can be used as such if you wanna. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ok how the hell does that work on a closed tandem? Hard enough to surge axles on a spread to walk a big load on the turnpike. The reason the old skool guys liked the air/spring/air setups.

my dad used to put a bottle jack under the fifth wheel.......probly before you guys were born..long before I was

Yea they used air for a while, called it an ape. I tied it and it didn’t transfer enough weight to make it worth it. Was big in Michigan and you can still buy them.

For those that don’t know what we’re talking about.
14415b889ee4dde78d86ed2d88d8d2ba.jpg

There are plans for hydraulic versions too that are way more complicated.
ce04d104080400e09badfa20145b0239.jpg

The old timer that owned my truck before me tried to set something up like this in my truck with the suspension air bags, the dump valve and the leveling valve. It was so convoluted that I couldn't get the ride height correct of figure out how it all worked out. So, I ripped it all out and went back to just the leveling valve.

Yea they used air for a while, called it an ape. I tied it and it didn’t transfer enough weight to make it worth it. Was big in Michigan and you can still buy them.

For those that don’t know what we’re talking about.
14415b889ee4dde78d86ed2d88d8d2ba.jpg

There are plans for hydraulic versions too that are way more complicated.
ce04d104080400e09badfa20145b0239.jpg
Not much different principle wise than a strong arm used in buckets and mixer trucks

The old timer that owned my truck before me tried to set something up like this in my truck with the suspension air bags, the dump valve and the leveling valve. It was so convoluted that I couldn't get the ride height correct of figure out how it all worked out. So, I ripped it all out and went back to just the leveling valve.
I know some cow trucks that had the dump lines plumbed into the bunk so you couldn't hear it from outside. They claimed they could get another 1500lbs on but I think they finally got caught lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ok hey I got a cpl dumb question here goes.....why is the crank for the dollys on the pass side..instead of the side the driver gets out on...and why isn't it air driven?

also now they have a slider pin for the trlr run by air right? I remember my dads went from one side of the trlr to the other he had to pull the whole 4 ft long bar out

ok hey I got a cpl dumb question here goes.....why is the crank for the dollys on the pass side..instead of the side the driver gets out on...and why isn't it air driven?

also now they have a slider pin for the trlr run by air right? I remember my dads went from one side of the trlr to the other he had to pull the whole 4 ft long bar out

Some just want to watch the world burn when they order stuf

A guy told me years ago that some plac3s would have the crank on the passenger side to force the driver to walk around to the other side and possibly spot a problem, made sense to me but I'm not sure if it's true.

There is some air operated landing gear, it ends up taking longer because you have to hook up the lines and charge the trailer before it works. I can hook my lines up, push the button in and have the gear up by hand before the trailer is fully charged. I guess it'd make sense if you're doing it a bunch of times a day.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

typically anything that requires operator input on the outside of a truck is designed to be done from the curbside for safety reasons.

typically anything that requires operator input on the outside of a truck is designed to be done from the curbside for safety reasons.

I'm sure glad all my winches are road side... Last thing I was is to be is under a leaning truck with a shifted load....

I'm sure glad all my winches are road side... Last thing I was is to be is under a leaning truck with a shifted load....

I had one trailer with the winches on the passenger side. Can’t believe how much extra walking that is on an 8 stop day. My old B-train had the dolly cranks on passenger side. Those got unbolted and moved.

Back