Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Just picked up an 06 379 with the Cat accert in it. Whos got the game on tuning these things? Better milage and a little more power, of course the more the better lol. PPB I know people say are good, anything else?

Bullydog is a good tuner for acert engines

Yap it just come into day we ordered anouther one cuz allstate told us that u cant order them wired for a cat after a set date .we got 5 6nz motors at the garoge were stocken up for the long haul lol.An im puting a day cabs plug in the hole I wanted more room for my legs but cant have a heavy truck so I can haul more coal .

I have seen one or two wired for a detroit as well. I cant see KW just starting up with making gliders and then up and quit offering them with the option for a CAT, which was the whole point of offering them.

I cant say for kw but I no pete is done cuz epa says so that what the sales man told us. He showed us the fax from paccar that he got an id say that would be kw to but who knows.

I'd get a glider wired for a Detroit. Drop a well tuned DDEC IV 12.7 in with the right gearing and trans. Would make for one helluva fuel sippin OTR setup.

I'd get a glider wired for a Detroit. Drop a well tuned DDEC IV 12.7 in with the right gearing and trans. Would make for one helluva fuel sippin OTR setup.

I've got to get on the Detroit train with this guy ^^^^ Better fuel mileage, lower maintenance costs, and setup right, will walk away from a Cat. Plus if you drive like you've got some sense and maintain them well, you're lookin at a million plus before you even have to do an in frame.

Hmm, guess you haven't heard, but one of the highest recorded fuel mileage trucks on TTR is a 3406E in a Volvo. A tuned cat can be just as fuel efficient as any Detroit.

You may not need to inframe one, but I bet a 12.7 eats a head or a cam before it sees a million miles.

They're not hard to convert. I've got a friend that's yanked two junk red boat anchors and stuck Cats in. These were 2008 trucks. Order the glider for a Cummins and stick a good motor in when it shows up.

Well going to look at a 379 with a recent overhauled 6NZ and a 13 speed. I pull a half round with gypsum, popcorn, road salt, etc and want something with a sleeper, and fairly light. Guy I work for runs all Internationals 9300s with 60 series in them. I just can't get on the driptroit band wagon probably going to get a KW or pete even if it cost me a little more.

I agree a Detroit isn't for everybody. If I was doing heavy haul or local bulk haul like yzf450 I'd drive a Cat in a heartbeat but with what I currently do an optimum fuel mpg setup is key to staying above water. One of the reasons I drive a Volvo instead of a 379 Pete.

I know everyone will call B.S, but I have a 2008 shaker with a Detroit and a 1998 379 Pete with a N-14 and the 379 is consistantly .25 to .5 better on fuel running the same freight and areas. I am not a beliver in the whole fuel sipping Detriot thing, the numbers don't lie.

I guarantee my 550 cat in a hood truck gets better mileage than a Volvo or freightliner with a DD15 doing the kind of work I do, in the locations I do it. It's been proven over the years with the series 60 also, you work them way way harder and they use more fuel than the cat or cummins in a hood truck, I'm with you, the numbers don't lie.

I get 4 to 4 1/2 mpg but that all back roads an pits.Im happy with it an as long as I can get a cat or get parts ill run cats .

Reading comprehension people. I'm not saying the Detroit is the end of all engines. I'm saying what I and a million other guys do, running 80k gross OTR an aerodynamic truck has benefits. If you do heavy hauling (like MrT) or local bulk (like yfz450) no question I'd run a hood truck with a Cat and don't get me wrong you can get good mileage out of hood truck but ya gotta work WAY harder to do it. One of the guys I run with has an 07 W9L with a tuned acert he got a hand calculated 6.8 pullin 90k gross from Texas to Pennsylvania but it was a very low profile load and he only drove 62 mph. I get that same mileage pulling a 13' 6"load at 70. Which makes better time and more money for me?

I get what you mean, I was just saying for the type of work my company does, detroits don't cut it. My boss also runs reefers and his freightliner cascadias with dd15's pull 2-2.5 mpg better than the few hood trucks he's got that do the same job

Back