Cummins billet rods

We have our rod design in stock as well if you looking for proven 1500 + HP cummins rods. Team Green and others have been running them for over a few seasons without any failures. The design is well proven but we do not get into pricing wars on the internet. If you want something well proven to perform and last let me know and I can quote you on them.

We have our rod design in stock as well if you looking for proven 1500 + HP cummins rods. Team Green and others have been running them for over a few seasons without any failures. The design is well proven but we do not get into pricing wars on the internet. If you want something well proven to perform and last let me know and I can quote you on them.

What size rod bolts do you use?

7/16" ARP Custom Age material. It cost more but when you have ZERO failures no need to change.

Is the pin pressure oiled? It doesn't look like it, but maybe?

Brandon,

There are two oiling holes. One on either side at 5 and 7 o'clock as opposed to a single oiling hole on the top (12 o'clock).

Look at the bottom picture and you will see one.

Last edited:
Brandon,

There are two oiling holes. One on either side at 5 and 7 o'clock as opposed to a single oiling hole on the top (12 o'clock).

Look at the bottom picture and you will see one.
Ah. That's the hole I was seeing. Just checking to see if it was pressure fed from the rod bearing.

Since R&R sells our diesel rod designs they should look the same. We design them and they build them for us. We stock them and they build to order. The new design is slightly different than what Dockboys pictures show but for the most part they look the same. In the new design I was able to save about 100 grams of weight per rod with no lose in strength.

As for pressure feeding the pin end that is something I do not like much. You have to drill a hole up through the area that has to be the strongest part of the rod and the micro fractures that can happen drilling the hole in production, are just not worth the small if any gain it provides. Then you have to have special bearing modified to make it work properly as well. Just not worth it to me

EDM

Since R&R sells our diesel rod designs they should look the same. We design them and they build them for us. We stock them and they build to order. The new design is slightly different than what Dockboys pictures show but for the most part they look the same. In the new design I was able to save about 100 grams of weight per rod with no lose in strength.

As for pressure feeding the pin end that is something I do not like much. You have to drill a hole up through the area that has to be the strongest part of the rod and the micro fractures that can happen drilling the hole in production, are just not worth the small if any gain it provides. Then you have to have special bearing modified to make it work properly as well. Just not worth it to me

That hole is usually done by EDM. All NASCAR rods have it done.

Back