Cummins billet rods

Good to know.

The ones you received from R&R were probably designed by R&R, they quit selling Steves design directly from R&R and designed their own cummins I-Beam that is just as light as well.

Though his design can still be purchased if asked for.

010.jpg

1/2" rod cap bolts, just sayin.

The wrist pin looks awfully thin. Whose rods are those?

Woodruff. The monotherms use a special dlc coated small pin for weight savings. It also has a slight taper from the center out. No failures that I have heard of. Good stuff.

They're from Woodruff. I'm not positive think Keating is on the cnc. Not the cheapest option, a lot of the mod pullers are running them. 2000hp+. (the rods)

Last edited:
They're from Woodruff. I'm not positive think Keating is on the cnc. Not the cheapest option, a lot of the mod pullers are running them. 2000hp+. (the rods)

Nice looking rod. Looks sort of like the Cunninghams I have. Too pretty to have to hide inside the engine.

Woodruff. The monotherms use a special dlc coated small pin for weight savings. It also has a slight taper from the center out. No failures that I have heard of. Good stuff.

Look at the picture closer. The thin wrist pin was a joke. Sure looks like there is no wrist pin. :)

Monster Pump Mike at M & J Tool and fab makes a nice set of rods too. I think they are lighter then the stock rods too. I am not sure of the price.

No wrist pin failures on any with no pressure oil to pin ?

Look at the picture closer. The thin wrist pin was a joke. Sure looks like there is no wrist pin. :)

Wow guess I should pay attention a little better. They are shorter and lighter than the stockers for anyone else wanting to know.

The ones you received from R&R were probably designed by R&R, they quit selling Steves design directly from R&R and designed their own cummins I-Beam that is just as light as well.

Though his design can still be purchased if asked for.

That's funny as they just sent a few customers to us yesterday. They only have the designs we did and it's still an H beam. While they could make new designs they have not done so according to the owner himself, so I'm not sure where your misinformation is coming from.

As for pin oiling, yes the oil hole can be drilled or EDM done and both ways have issues. A Nascar engine runs at 6 - 8K all day long so the requirement is completely different and the piston weight is also only 400 grams. So trying to compare the two is really a waste of time.

Heres the Email from Mike at R&R

Taylor,

Steve designed the Cummins H-Beam rod, and did also design the new one
that is approx 100 grams lighter as well. R&R does manufacture them in our
Illinois plant to his spec's. We also do not sell his design direct from R&R
any longer, as a couple of years ago we started making an I-Beam rod that is
totally different looking, and also approx 100 grams lighter, and they can
be purchased direct from us.

Thank You,

Mike Riechers
R&R Racing Products

Last edited:
:eek:wned:
Heres the Email from Mike at R&R

Taylor,

Steve designed the Cummins H-Beam rod, and did also design the new one
that is approx 100 grams lighter as well. R&R does manufacture them in our
Illinois plant to his spec's. We also do not sell his design direct from R&R
any longer, as a couple of years ago we started making an I-Beam rod that is
totally different looking, and also approx 100 grams lighter, and they can
be purchased direct from us.

Thank You,

Mike Riechers
R&R Racing Products

Well, someone is getting told a story. Either its us or you. Anyone have a set of R&R "I" beam steel 12v Cummins rods? If so I guess I would know who's got told a story.

Yeah Info I got on the R&R design I Beam rods
Material- Billet Steel / double re-melt E4340AQ Chromoly (shot peened)
weight - 1980 g
Bolts - 7/16 ARP 625 coustom aged
Cryo treated and balabnced to +/- 1.0 grams

This is just what I am told as I have not had my hands on one yet.

Oh might add this info is almost a year old.

Last edited:
Back