Quickest 1st gen?

Heh you're not alone.

My 92 is well on it's way to (hopefully) being fast.

Billet Suncoast 47RE
Guttted (5200# longbed club cab)
II injectors and tuned VE
S400/HTT64/14SS twins
NX Dual Progressive
4 links and bags
Custom big arse intercooler
Porting and valve spring and orings and stuff

Not sure how it runs yet but I have hopes!

Allright! :rockwoot: competition! I think the older trucks still have some tricks up their sleeves!

Yea I like to think so.
With JUST the tranny, PODS and pump tweaks I got a 14.9 out of it.

Bringing this one back to the top. It seems that there are several people building 1st gen drag trucks right now, so how about some updates?

JQmile said:
oops yeah I meant to include VE pump....I knew of one high 12 second ride, that the fastest out there?

Who's been in the 12's? Quickest I have heard of is low 13's.

I think J&H had one back i the day that ran 12s...I'm about a month away from getting my trans rebuilt and hitting the *nx*. I'm hoping for 400rwhp cause all it has is injectors in it still. With a 5000# weight with driver it should be close to 12s.

KTA and Stomp have both made over 600rwhp (no nitrous) with VE's, I think their motor in a lightened 1st gen (4500#) with a 47RH should be easy 11s if not 10s.

Any updates on this one?

J.Keith said:
Heh you're not alone.

My 92 is well on it's way to (hopefully) being fast.

Billet Suncoast 47RE
Guttted (5200# longbed club cab)
II injectors and tuned VE
S400/HTT64/14SS twins
NX Dual Progressive
4 links and bags
Custom big arse intercooler
Porting and valve spring and orings and stuff

Not sure how it runs yet but I have hopes!

There is a guy from Wyoming with a '93 I believe that is running LOW 13's if I remember right. It's a red extended cab 4x4......truck flat out gets it! I've seen him quite a few times down at the track, it's impressive:rockwoot:

once i become rich and famous, i am going to put 2 VE's on a cummins with dual feed injectors like the 12 cylinder scheid pump guys run........

my regular cab long bed in street trim weighs 53XX with me in it and 1/8 of a tank, with some work and a little time i could easily have it under 5K with me in it........i easily had almost 200 pounds of crap in it that day besides me.....and i weigh about 330 pounds guys.....

I'm hoping to be in the 13's soon. :)

I recently ran 14.16 with #2 & W/M, non lock-up A518.

The head will be here Tuesday. ;)

once i become rich and famous, i am going to put 2 VE's on a cummins with dual feed injectors like the 12 cylinder scheid pump guys run.......

Wow I had the exact same idear. In fact, I've already talked to some fab shops about building a mini combining box off the back of the front cover (like a transfer case) with two pumps side by side....I guess you know what they say about smart minds....:hehe:

Well I blew the flexplate apart on mine on a 30psi launch.
Also I decided to try running a single turbo to see how that works and I'm liking it alot so far.
I'm running the II 66/16 at 45psi and its keeping things cool.

But, before the flexplate let go I got a 13.3 on my Gtech (tracks are closed around here) on a 25psi launch. So its coming along!

J.Keith said:
Well I blew the flexplate apart on mine on a 30psi launch.
Also I decided to try running a single turbo to see how that works and I'm liking it alot so far.
I'm running the II 66/16 at 45psi and its keeping things cool.

But, before the flexplate let go I got a 13.3 on my Gtech (tracks are closed around here) on a 25psi launch. So its coming along!
What 1st gen truck do you run?

Gotlift01 said:
There is a guy from Wyoming with a '93 I believe that is running LOW 13's if I remember right. It's a red extended cab 4x4......truck flat out gets it! I've seen him quite a few times down at the track, it's impressive:rockwoot:

Think his name is Curt...but thats definately a bad@$$ truck! He dynoed like 420 or 425 back in Sept. at Wide Open Performance. Got to check it out there, and hes mid-low 13's with a 5speed.

Jeremy is new to 1st gens but not to Cummins. He will be there right with us.
When we going to Hooters for some beers again?

Truck ran like crap at Edge/Wide Open (430) but is doing better now......................maybe 40 hp better.

Kurt

Back