Trusted Performance 6.0 Turbo Info

Trusted

I know a lot of you guys don't check out the vendor sections. So, I thought I would post this in here as well.

Trusted Performance was started with the intention of releasing products into the marketplace that make a difference.

Two years ago when we officially launched Trusted Performance we had two major products in mind. After a lot of meetings and discussions, we opted to head down the long development road to come out with a turbocharger that meets the needs of the 6.0L Power Stroke owners. Little did we know that, the 10 month project was going to take almost 24 months.

We started with a blank piece of paper and made a list of everything we wanted in a turbocharger; great throttle response, quick spooling, low back pressure, mount to the factory pedestal, no y-pipe or down pipe adapters ……...

From there, we started gathering performance information on the engine. We tested all sorts of different turbocharger configurations (turbine wheels, turbine housings, compressor wheels, and compressor covers), external wastegates, internal wastegates, different injector sizes, and different tuners and programmers.

With all of that information gathered, we started designing a turbine housing from the ground up. We did not reverse engineer any turbine housing. What we have come up with is something unlike any housing out there. These housings have been designed for the 6.0L Power Stroke engine. We have not taken into account any other engines.

There are many features to our new turbine housing and we will be releasing more information as we get a little closer. Some of the housing features are:

Bolts to the 04-07 factory pedestal
Clamps to the factory y-pipe. No adapters required
Clamps to the factory or aftermarket down pipe. No adapters required
A/R specifically designed for the 6.0L. (A/R(s) to be released at a later time)

The design of the housing has been completed. We are currently machining the core boxes and other pieces needed to cast the housing. We are anticipated the completion of the machining to be done around middle of January and we will start pre-selling turbochargers in February.

More details will be released as we get closer to officially releasing the chargers. Please check periodically with our website http://www.TrustedPerformance.com for future updates……..

Great news! I'm glad the economy and extended development time hasn't put you guys under. I've been waiting for these turbos to come out, and I'm very excited the 6.0 is getting some of the love usually reserved for Dodge and GM.

AFFORDABLE

a word that can be used to describe this, but since pricing hasn't been announced, I cannot use it yet.

Great news! I'm glad the economy and extended development time hasn't put you guys under. I've been waiting for these turbos to come out, and I'm very excited the 6.0 is getting some of the love usually reserved for Dodge and GM.

We have come close a couple times. The fuel lines and small products we offer were never meant to keep the company a float this long. We have had to drop our inventory levels quite a bit and stop most of our development work. That is why the compounds are not released yet. We had to stop work on them because of funding issues. Luckily, we have a couple customers that want them. So, we are working on completing the development work on their trucks!

I feel like there really isn't much excitement about this....WHY?!

Do people not realize that they will have the ability to swap almost any combo of non-vgt chargers in their truck with no odd brackets or adapters of any kind?! Turbo swaps on the 6.0 are now going to literally be bolt-in like the dodge boys!

Oh there's excitement, but folks are just waiting for them to hit the market. A lot of folks have given up on the 6.0, or moved on to other things. I think very soon, some of that attention is gonna come back this way. You have a 6.0 over 1000hp, recently a 6.0 did 617 on fuel, and well theres another one about to fire that I HOPE, is gonna be mean. Once a few of them are on some trucks, and laying down some numbers, then interest will pick up. Trusted has done a good job of taking their time, and getting it right before they release their product. So far everything I have seen from them has been a quality product. I think their turbo's are gonna be awesome, and I for one am looking forward to bolting one on my truck.

Oh there's excitement, but folks are just waiting for them to hit the market. A lot of folks have given up on the 6.0, or moved on to other things. I think very soon, some of that attention is gonna come back this way. You have a 6.0 over 1000hp, recently a 6.0 did 617 on fuel, and well theres another one about to fire that I HOPE, is gonna be mean. Once a few of them are on some trucks, and laying down some numbers, then interest will pick up. Trusted has done a good job of taking their time, and getting it right before they release their product. So far everything I have seen from them has been a quality product. I think their turbo's are gonna be awesome, and I for one am looking forward to bolting one on my truck.

Don't worry Tim. My truck started yesterday :hehe:

I know that I can't wait for them to be released. I am saving my change and hoping by the end of next year I can get a 64mm and make my sticks bigger. Just have to get a good set of heads on there now. A cracked head does nothing for power.LOL

-French

Pretty sure the fact that you won't need a kit to install it will make it comparably "affordable" all by its self. Now if I can just find a dang motor..... :D

That is one of the reasons we opted to cast the housing. The others will be released as we get closer.

I know that I can't wait for them to be released. I am saving my change and hoping by the end of next year I can get a 64mm and make my sticks bigger. Just have to get a good set of heads on there now. A cracked head does nothing for power.LOL

-French

Doesn't a cracked head flow more? lol

Hmmmmmm................ just when i was thinking of changing to a trusted turbo............. got some thinking to do

I know that Lance's truck runs good and there are a lot of things in store for next year with his truck. Trusted, your stuff is simply top notch and I look forward to doing business with you in 2010. Keep up the great work.

-French

We are working on Lance's stuff now. MAJOR changes come next year. He will certainly have a unique setup this year!

Back