Trusted Performance 6.0 Turbo Info

I think it,s the same stuff pdi makes its manifolds out of.
They call it HSM, its got a high silicon moly content and withstands the heat better. Sure looks like it anyways, correct me if i,m wrong.:ft:

I would guess stainless only because there was talk of it and my housing is stainless, but knowing you guys I'm willing to bet it's something more than that...

Stainless holds heat in better than cast iron, allowing for the faster spool, correct? I think I remember you telling me something like that...

All I know is that if these spool anywhere near where my test unit did, these are going to be awesome! And I sure hope the killer sound is still there! The drop in install is going to be even better!

Stainless holds heat in better than cast iron, allowing for the faster spool, correct? I think I remember you telling me something like that...

QUOTE]

Stainless steel does not absorb and dissipate heat like cast iron. So, there is more heat energy for the turbine wheel to use. Meaning quicker spool up, more responsive, higher boost pressures and because it is stainless, it is stable at higher temperatures for less change of cracking.

All I know is that if these spool anywhere near where my test unit did, these are going to be awesome! And I sure hope the killer sound is still there! The drop in install is going to be even better!

and imagine if this makes your test unit spool even faster, holy cow!

It won't spool faster. Should be about 75 to 125 rpms slower. But that isn't much considering how it spools now.

The housing after heat treating. Machining is next!

Trusted_Performance_Heat.gif

Back