Techs not knowing the rules...

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_hlad

This is straight off of the full pull productions web site.

3.0 Diesel Trucks (using NADM rules):
Allowed to compete and collect points for 2012 season. Must meet the rules of the Pro Stock Diesel class with the following exceptions:
• If no bed floor 200 lbs of moveable weight must be placed behind the rear axle must still have bed sides
• Open driveline permitted

There were two pullers that had bed floors...and they made them put the 200 pounds over the rear axel, due to it not being an OEM bed floor...But the rules state nothing about it having being OEM.

It also says the full bed floor must remain in tact. That would imply OEM. I'd guess somewhere it also says something about all decisions by inspector being final

Implying something and saying something are two different things...i guess they just make the rules up as they go...

It's all up to the tech inspectors as to how they interpet what is written or implied. That's why rules always leave it to the tech guys in the end. It clearly says bed floor must be intact. How can it be intact if it's not the original floor? Definition of intact: untouched or unimpaired; left complete or perfect.

JMHO

Again it is up to the tech guys to determine. Some rules spec thickness of modified floors. I have a 6" hole where I had a stack & a hole where my gooseneck hitch was & the floor cut out where my fuel cell is but have never been hassled. It's up to the tech guys. I can see where they turn the heads on some holes but want the weight "replaced" when changing out the entire floor. The only reason to remove the floor is so more weight can be hung out front.

But then maybe they are leaving it to read the weigh it is so we can argue about something other than protrusion chargers in 2.6....lol

I must be blind where does it say the bed floor must be intact

It doesn't on FPP rules, but NADM it does. And the word "Intact" does not imply OEM. An aftermarket bed floor could remain Intact just as easily as an OEM bed floor. Seems like there is a need for some stronger wording as per bed floors. It also looks like maybe FPP added that 200lbs behind the axle in lieu of a bed floor as an afterthought or update.

NADM Body: The body may be any 3/4-or 1-ton full-sized pickup truck body. The body must retain full
sheet metal. The full bed floor must remain intact. Alternatively, two hundred pounds of movable
weight must be placed rearward of the centerline of the rear axle in lieu of the bed floor. The
complete OEM firewall and complete OEM floor pan is mandatory. Metal after-market hoods are
permitted. Fiberglass is prohibited. Tilt-front ends and bodies are permitted, as long as other SS
class rules are met. The hood must be closed and securely latched while the vehicle is hooked to
the sled.

FPP
Body:

The body must be the OEM truck body. Fiberglass body parts are prohibited. The complete truck body must have factory sheet metal and factory glass windows. The cab must have O.E.M. firewall and O.E.M. Floor for safety. Bed floor, inner and outer skins must be O.E.M or O.E.M. replacement materials. Design modifications to reduce weight are NOT permitted. Wooden flatbeds that are factory or heavier built are permitted with previous approval from the USA-East Tech Committee and will be subject to a handicap. Fiberglass hoods and Fiberglass Hood Scoops are permitted. Fiberglass body panels are not permitted unless they are O.E.M. Factory parts for the make and model of truck and used as the manufacturer intended. If no bed floor, 200 lbs of moveable weight must be placed behind the rear axle, must still have bed sides.

Ok why would you remove the original bed floor and add an after market one? Just cause Ur bored? I don't think so, u were tryin to lose weight so u could hang more up front. But you got caught. So what are you trying to get to passed as a factory?

Ok why would you remove the original bed floor and add an after market one? Just cause Ur bored? I don't think so, u were tryin to lose weight so u could hang more up front. But you got caught. So what are you trying to get to passed as a factory?

I have no clue who's truck is in question, but as per FPP written rules, the wording is a little weak

I'm reading this as someone has a case of butthurt cause they didn't win. IMO if the truck is setup right 200lbs in the bed isn't gonna make or break a good pull.

Im pretty sure one of the trucks in question won with the weight behind the axle, and the other has pulled at fpp for 5 or 6 hooks this year without anyone questioning his bed floor. Truck pulling is about reading the rules and finding gray areas. It should be the tech officials job to also read the rules and if it is not said exactly in the rules you can or cannot do something than that is truck pulling. Also they need to be consistant if they are going to worry about a bed floor than they need to learn to tech trucks and make sure they are not running turbos that are too big and pumps that are illegal in the class both of witch run in that class each week.

Im pretty sure one of the trucks in question won with the weight behind the axle, and the other has pulled at fpp for 5 or 6 hooks this year without anyone questioning his bed floor. Truck pulling is about reading the rules and finding gray areas. It should be the tech officials job to also read the rules and if it is not said exactly in the rules you can or cannot do something than that is truck pulling. Also they need to be consistant if they are going to worry about a bed floor than they need to learn to tech trucks and make sure they are not running turbos that are too big and pumps that are illegal in the class both of witch run in that class each week.

u said it perfect x2

[/B]
It doesn't on FPP rules, but NADM it does. And the word "Intact" does not imply OEM. An aftermarket bed floor could remain Intact just as easily as an OEM bed floor. Seems like there is a need for some stronger wording as per bed floors. It also looks like maybe FPP added that 200lbs behind the axle in lieu of a bed floor as an afterthought or update.

Not an after thought was added in October at rules meeting. If more then 2 people in the class would of showed up maybe they would have known about it!

NADM Body: The body may be any 3/4-or 1-ton full-sized pickup truck body. The body must retain full
sheet metal. The full bed floor must remain intact. Alternatively, two hundred pounds of movable
weight must be placed rearward of the centerline of the rear axle in lieu of the bed floor. The
complete OEM firewall and complete OEM floor pan is mandatory. Metal after-market hoods are
permitted. Fiberglass is prohibited. Tilt-front ends and bodies are permitted, as long as other SS
class rules are met. The hood must be closed and securely latched while the vehicle is hooked to
the sled.

FPP
Body:

The body must be the OEM truck body. Fiberglass body parts are prohibited. The complete truck body must have factory sheet metal and factory glass windows. The cab must have O.E.M. firewall and O.E.M. Floor for safety. Bed floor, inner and outer skins must be O.E.M or O.E.M. replacement materials. Design modifications to reduce weight are NOT permitted. Wooden flatbeds that are factory or heavier built are permitted with previous approval from the USA-East Tech Committee and will be subject to a handicap. Fiberglass hoods and Fiberglass Hood Scoops are permitted. Fiberglass body panels are not permitted unless they are O.E.M. Factory parts for the make and model of truck and used as the manufacturer intended. If no bed floor, 200 lbs of moveable weight must be placed behind the rear axle, must still have bed sides.

These rules have been in place for 2 years now. Not anybody but there own fault for not reading them. I talked to one of the 3.0 trucks last night that was in question after everyone cooled down. And said he never read the rules just thought it was NADM Rules.

Not sure what happened in the prostreet tech, but Mr attitude tech guy need know the rules and how to check them befor he goes shoving the big chip on his shoulders into peoples faces.

My truck is one of the trucks in question on the bed floor. My arguement is that nadm rules ( in my mind ) clearly state oem cab floor and oem cab firewall but doesnt say anything about oem bed floor just that it has to be intact. I spent time and money making my bed floor intact (not to cheat) as someone stated but to compete to the best of my ability with the rules that are used. (to get more weight out front) Isn't this the goal of a 4 wheel drive truck? It is what it is and I wont go back to FPP. In the org that I run with weekly we welcome new trucks to have bigger and better shows, if FPP wants more trucks, a couple of their members have a wierd way of showing it LOL

[/B][/I][/B]

These rules have been in place for 2 years now. Not anybody but there own fault for not reading them. I talked to one of the 3.0 trucks last night that was in question after everyone cooled down. And said he never read the rules just thought it was NADM Rules.

What i was saying is it looked like at some point (not saying it was a back door addition), that 200lbs behind the axle rule was added onto the tail end rather than the rules being re worded and worked in. Its says early on that bed floor must be OEM and then at the very end it states you can have no bed floor but you must put 200lb of ballast behind the rear axle.

sounds like someone felt threatened and ran to the tech guys to handycap a well built truck. how did that work out for you

What i was saying is it looked like at some point (not saying it was a back door addition), that 200lbs behind the axle rule was added onto the tail end rather than the rules being re worded and worked in. Its says early on that bed floor must be OEM and then at the very end it states you can have no bed floor but you must put 200lb of ballast behind the rear axle.

Pretty sure they were just reiterating the same thing so this would not happen.

FPP has unlimited singles and bushed twin truck rules that these trucks run, If u are a 3 inch truck and want to pull with these trucks then 3 inch trucks use nadm rules, I dont see where nadm say oem bed floor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back