Techs not knowing the rules...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Run race fuel through a commin rail injector another awsome idea. Fuel dumping onto a 1800* exhaust manafold I am no rocket scientst but I think it may turn to flames?? Why dont you and friends grow some balls and put the money up to tech my truck, I sure could use the extra coin to repair my junk.

I think you are still bitter the class has changed so much, that a $800. turbo is going to compete any longer. Welcome to motorsports.

Ok cool not sure really what you mean but ok, when did I say anything about teching your truck I dont fu@King care what your truck has. I in the middle of building a isuzu motor myself.

In USA-EAST the class rules are developed after direct meetings with the pullers. Rules are not forced onto the competitors. On occassion the rules are not as clear as possible and can lead to different interpretations. At that point the officials confer as to the best course of action. That is exactly what took place on Friday evening at Bunker Hill in the Pro Stock Diesel 4x4 class. The head tech initiated a phone conference to enact a ruling. After the phone conference the decision was rendered by the head USA-EAST official in charge of the event to the individuals involved.

the discussion (at the October rules meeting) regarding permitting 3.0 trucks to compete with the Pro Stock Diesel trucks at USA-EAST pulls in 2012 made reference to trucks 'losing rear weight' by replacing the OEM bed on the truck. the rule as written was designed to address that issue. obviously it could have been written better. thus it required a rules interpretation by the techs.

the rule interpretation by the techs addressed ANY truck in the class that attempts to "lose rear weight" by replacing the OEM bed on the truck. in such case that truck may (1) compete at 7800 pounds or (2) compete at 8000 pounds AND must carry 200 lbs. of visible and moveable weight to the rear of the rear axle. that is the ruling by the USA-EAST tech officials in this regard.

in October of 2012 all members in the Pro Stock Diesel 4x4 class will be invited to sit down and address the rules for next year. this particular ruling may be altered by the USA-EAST members at that time.

in usa-east the class rules are developed after direct meetings with the pullers. Rules are not forced onto the competitors. On occassion the rules are not as clear as possible and can lead to different interpretations. At that point the officials confer as to the best course of action. That is exactly what took place on friday evening at bunker hill in the pro stock diesel 4x4 class. The head tech initiated a phone conference to enact a ruling. After the phone conference the decision was rendered by the head usa-east official in charge of the event to the individuals involved.

The discussion (at the october rules meeting) regarding permitting 3.0 trucks to compete with the pro stock diesel trucks at usa-east pulls in 2012 made reference to trucks 'losing rear weight' by replacing the oem bed on the truck. The rule as written was designed to address that issue. Obviously it could have been written better. Thus it required a rules interpretation by the techs.

the rule interpretation by the techs addressed any truck in the class that attempts to "lose rear weight" by replacing the oem bed on the truck. In such case that truck may (1) compete at 7800 pounds or (2) compete at 8000 pounds and must carry 200 lbs. Of visible and moveable weight to the rear of the rear axle. That is the ruling by the usa-east tech officials in this regard.

in october of 2012 all members in the pro stock diesel 4x4 class will be invited to sit down and address the rules for next year. This particular ruling may be altered by the usa-east members at that time.

so correct me if im wrong here, because i am alot of times if i cut my bed floor out i do not have to hang 200 lbs behind the axle i can just drop to 7800 lbs and be fine?

Just curious if anybody has ever checked the weight on the removed part of the bed floor???? If it weighs more then 200 pounds its a good move. If it doesnt weigh 200 or weighs very close, its alot of work for nothing. I would guess its about a wash weight wise. If you remove the floor and then build one out of thin aluminum then you should have to add the 200 to the rear, JMHO.

char. YES you will have to weigh 7800 lbs. but you still have to comply with the rule - bed floor and sides in place. and this become YOUR responsibility at the scales should you get asked to 'weigh out'.

jeremy. the veiw is that if a puller can take 200 lbs of weight (or more) off the back and move that to the front - they gain an advantage. we do not want to allow that advantage.

both...actually we would like to see everyone run an OEM bed and that very well could be the rule in the next season. so don't sell your OEM bed.

I agree it is an advantage. My point was if the floor weight was say 250 and you only had to move 200 then you had a 50 pound gain on the front, but the floor doesnt weigh 200 so it pointless to remove the floor because most have the 200 pound rule

So if you want oem bed then jacksons is not oem with no tailgate or taillights right

both...actually we would like to see everyone run an OEM bed and that very well could be the rule in the next season. so don't sell your OEM bed.

That would mean tailgates & no aftermarket or homemade flat beds either?

So if you want oem bed then jacksons is not oem with no tailgate or taillights right

Incorrect Tim Jackson's truck has oem floor and bed sides rules do not say anything about tail gates or tail lights.

just saying it can go either way if want oem bed how oem just sides and floor or everything many ways to take the rules all I care is scott and rocky put on a hell of a show

If the 3.0 trucks are pulling nadm rules is scotts truck able to run 36'" tires up front?

I can tell by your avatar that you are clearly color blind. I did not realize that color blind also meant unable to comprehend wording. Kind of new to this, but I'm pretty sure that 85% of the pro street trucks do not even run a tailgate. I appreciate your concern, but if you'd like to come over and take a look at it, there's about 150 lbs of bracing to make sure that the steel body work does not fail.
I'm pretty sure any competitive puller with the full package realizes 200 lbs is no going to make or break the pull.
:bs:
It may run like sh1t but its going to look good doing so. Cosmetic before function!

Last edited:
Tim just so you know not color blind just do not care it is two different colors but thanks for for caring about my eye sight and that is cool I will have to look at truck sometime

Ahahhaha I agree there Tim!! I'm th same way if I'm going lose I'm going make it look good! Btw nice run against Wayne in rwyb no shame in coming up 2ft short on Haisleys main nugget! And char wtf r u thinking keep ur bed!

Nothing more that I hate then a Gmc but nice run and not stepping on anyone's dicks here but I don't think any 3.0 truck could hang with Wayne if he's running a 4.1 or 4.25 hint that's why there's a 3.0 rule jmo!! U guys do the math

Finally other have realized how full pull productions works. they do not like new trucks at there pulls unless you sign up to run points and are dedicated to them. They have been this way for years. I guess what gets me is that 1/3 of the way thru the season and then the problem with the bed floor comes up? Why wasnt it a problem before? It would be awesome to see "the best truck" as someone put it on here go to a COTPC pull and pull against some of the best running 3.0 trucks in the country. I's sure after being branded "the best truck" many of the 3.0 trucks would jump up a class to try to beat the "best"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back