'34 international rat/drag truck

Nice truck.

Is the engine from '94 truck with IH block casting ?:poke:

:pop:

The engine is a 94. Have not pulled the gear case yet to see. The head is not IH.. be cool if the head was so I could show the IH lovers that the motor matches the truck.:rules:

2012-02-26172145.jpg

2012-02-26171933.jpg

this thing is sweet almost exactly what me and my brother have been wanting to build but with a manual trans instead. awesome job keep up the good work and keep the pics coming.

At first I was going to use a nv4500 just because hotrods deserve 3 pedals,but I want to go fast..so 47rh it is. Pedal location is going to be tight for sure. Going to swap to 4x4 output with a suncoast stuby kit so that will free up some space for seats and I will never worry about tailshaft breakage

In that light truck I doubt you'll be needing the th400 SC output setup. The 2wd are very stout stock.

Seeing this is just killing me, I love these things. I really shouldn't be wanting another project.

Exactly what I thought when I saw it sitting. I was putting this driveline in a 94 lightning but this truck is way cooler! The lightning can keep siting with no engine for
a while.

I have been thinking the 4x4 output is overkill but I don't like doing things twice.

Thank you. Since 4l80's haven't been massively diesel hyped the price is considerably less. Since my adaptor was custom made it allowed me to alter it into a mid/motor plate as well.

The engine is a 94. Have not pulled the gear case yet to see. The head is not IH.. be cool if the head was so I could show the IH lovers that the motor matches the truck.:rules:

Going by the dimples/dots on the driver side of the block under the fuel pump, it could very well possibly be an IH casting. Kinda a rare thing to find an untouched engine that has both the block and head with IH castings from what I have seen.

dropped the rear of the frame rails to make a "trunk" to put the batterys,fuel cell,water tank in. going to put a flat bed floor in it on top of the higher part of the frame,with a hinge in the floor behind the shocks to access the "trunk" so the items in there will be hidden. so the bed will be about 8" deep
2012-03-03212106.jpg

Man thats gonna be one sweet ride when your done. Me and my brother are looking into a '51 international to do something similar.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Back