'34 international rat/drag truck

Well 0-100mph its pretty much spinning the tires and about the time it hooks up its pretty scary as far as handling. I'm still working on getting the front suspension high speed stable

Don't ditch the front drums! Those are *****in! It's all *****in! ahaha. I went 11.70's at 122 in a 3800lb 67 Vette with drums all the way around, worked fine. That car also went 9.80's at 140 with alllll the same stuff!

I'm REALLY diggin your buddy's with the 409 and 2-4's on top... That's bad.

The drums are staying for sure! The front wheeks actually slide when trying to build boost. It has disc on the rear,but they cant hold good enough to really spool.

Sweet great job.it definitely will get the adrenaline going.

Dale

How do you have the front axle set? This makes a world of difference in handling I found on the sand rail I've built and a few drag cars I've been around. Is the top rolled back much to make it want to drive straight?

Its at 7º kingpin angle. Ive been moving it around a little. I think its working pretty good at 7. I still need to get some shocks on the front. Hopefully by next week it will be sorted out

The drums are staying for sure! The front wheeks actually slide when trying to build boost. It has disc on the rear,but they cant hold good enough to really spool.

This is the same problem I have on the vette. I'm about ready to try a wider/ larger front tire to help with this.

Are you running the stock radiator from the 34 ih. I got a 39 ih and it will be powered by a cummins similar to your setup. Was curious if over heating will be an issue.

Did you beef up under those motor mount brackets where they welded on the frame?? Looks like you just welded on the top of the frame and that's it.

Thanks for the replys folks!

I'm using a cheap alum radiator from ebay that fits most hotrod grills. It works great with 2 10" fans. I can idle all day in fl heat at 185*

The frame is boxed and has a 2"x3" xmember between the motor mounts. Front frame flex is almost zero with the cage tied into the mounts also.

Back