'34 international rat/drag truck

Looks sweet!
Looks like your missing an afc bolt & have a loose bolt on the back of the gov housing tho...

Its waiting on a new shutoff solenoid.

I already had the pump, just cleaned it up. Non benched sorta stocker.

I was wondering wat steering box you used? I have been looking at the Vega boxes and some others. Just looking for some ideas for the 31 Model A I am working on.

Attachments

• 2012-10-10_20-53-36_815.jpg
    2012-10-10_20-53-36_815.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 0
I have no idea what the box is. It was already mounted by the previous owner. I think is a mid 50's gm but idk. Vega seems to be the standard...but i would search some old junk yards first. I think the prices people want for vega parts is outrageous

I have no idea what the box is. It was already mounted by the previous owner. I think is a mid 50's gm but idk. Vega seems to be the standard...but i would search some old junk yards first. I think the prices people want for vega parts is outrageous

I noticed that. i have read of guys using Corvair steering boxes but I am a little concerned about them being able to handle the wieght. Also they need to be reversed.

I have also seen guys using Ford Ranger boxes. Guess I will go to the junk yard and see what they have.

One more question, do you know what you are using for a front spring? I am also concerned about having a spring that is strong enough to support the additional wieght.

Sorry for the question, just trying to see what other have done.

Thanks,

Ben

I noticed that. i have read of guys using Corvair steering boxes but I am a little concerned about them being able to handle the wieght. Also they need to be reversed.

I have also seen guys using Ford Ranger boxes. Guess I will go to the junk yard and see what they have.

One more question, do you know what you are using for a front spring? I am also concerned about having a spring that is strong enough to support the additional wieght.

Sorry for the question, just trying to see what other have done.

Thanks,

Ben

Look for a late 80's, early 90's S10 2wd box. Doesn't need to be reversed and is plenty robust for the weight. It's obviously a bit bigger than a corvair or vega box though.

Project looks great OP. Very jealous you're getting ready to put power to the road.

Torque Monkey- I am using the factory front springs cut in half. they seem to hold pretty good. being as short as theyh are makes them stiffer(i think).

Turbo Performance- Thanks! I can't wait my self!!! I was just looking at your blankets..very nice! a set of those would look awesome on my truck,plus give people a few more things to ask questions about.

Last edited:
Suncoast reverse manual valve body came today!!!! lockup in all gears.

Plus O/D in 1st & 2nd sound fun!

almost ready to drive this thing! put it on the scales today so i can order springs.. 3356lbs

LF-753 RF-757

LR-948 RR-898

WOW! This thing is just plain awesome! I would love to build something similar one day out of our old F-600.

I saw something really nice today!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I love it so far! But it needs a firering gasket so i can beat on it!

Will have pics tomorrow to show finished product.

20121118_192200.jpg

Only pic so far. Happy to have it in the garage and not at the shop anymore

Back