'34 international rat/drag truck

not much progress lately,been saving money for the transmission. but i did get the 12 gallon fuel cell and battery trays mounted this weekend and hauled Kicks 12v chevy to the races
2012-04-28141642.jpg

2012-04-28163328.jpg

I think you would only need one battery for your application, but thats a sweet project. please keep us updated

1 battery would be plenty most likely,my excursion only has one with 100x more electronics. main reason for 2 is so i can leave the fans running after runs and not have any worries.

1 battery would be plenty most likely,my excursion only has one with 100x more electronics. main reason for 2 is so i can leave the fans running after runs and not have any worries.

AND added weight in the rear to get that rocket to stick to the ground:rockwoot:
THose are some cool battery trays

The longer the battery cables you do loose a little cranking power.

Dale

got the plumbing mocked up tonight. 3.5" hotpipe,4" cold from 480,3" cold hi pressure

2012-05-02202819.jpg

2012-05-02202831.jpg

2012-05-02184334.jpg

2012-05-02203105.jpg

2012-05-02184415.jpg

The turbo in the middle looks good. The only thing I would be worried about is the oil coming out of the turbo is really foamed and the flow out of the top of the head for draining ain't much. I put a cover with a fill port for oil and you couldn't get much threw it.

I'm really jealous, I'm really like stuff like this. Keep the pictures coming.

Last edited:
the flow out of the top of the head for draining ain't much. I put a cover with a fill port for oil and you couldn't get much threw it.

thanks for the info. maybe i could "port" the oil return for that cylinder to help as much as posible. also the oil will be hot so it should flow better than cold oil form a oil change,but i will be sure to keep an eye on it.

Looks good... I really like the turbo up in the center. Kind of a new twist on when guys used to have blowers poking out the top, back in the good ol' days

I have a 1950 IH L110 I plan on rat rodding. This is a awesome project. The 30s model alone looks better then my 50. I'm going a different motor route though.

Cool Project!, Are you planning on racing it often?..because to run 9's your gonna need a lot of safety equipment, including a cage. 140mph plus and drum brakes might not be the best either... You may want to do a turbo support for the big turbo..boucing around on the roadways might stress the oil drain mount and thin hot pipe... injector swaps, and head stud retorques might take a lot longer now
Otherwise it looks awesome!

I do plan on racing it a lot,so it will have a 10 point cage along with all safty items required. It will have a dual caliper disc brake setup in the rear,and i am thinking the front drums will be plenty for the skinny front tires. if not i will do disc on the front too,but i really would like to keep the look of the drums.

top end maintinence should be easy. 2 band clamps and a valve cover bolt and the big turbo will be out of the way.

thanks for the replies guys!!

Back