Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I kinda know how, but I'm barely good enough to run a set of sticks, let alone run them smoothly and well haha

Is there a way to tighten the turning radius on a '81 Freightliner or am I stuck with the mile wide turns?

I will stop by the cab over that looks remarkably like that one in the picture. When I head back to Kentucky after turkey day.

Look at the steering stops and see how they are set, if they need adjusted set them just enough to keep the tire from touching anything.

Finally!!! Finally tracked it down. Older friend of mine had this truck for years. I've always LOVED this thing. Truck was built local to me. I'd actually love to have it. This is freightliner classic gold here...
9ce32777ea1da9504f4b3c647095ddb8.jpg

a37eeb68d4c25e2989b1a8d21f3c5803.jpg

4431d3a77b585b9ff1df4f4eddff2074.jpg

Finally!!! Finally tracked it down. Older friend of mine had this truck for years. I've always LOVED this thing. Truck was built local to me. I'd actually love to have it. This is freightliner classic gold here...
9ce32777ea1da9504f4b3c647095ddb8.jpg

a37eeb68d4c25e2989b1a8d21f3c5803.jpg

4431d3a77b585b9ff1df4f4eddff2074.jpg

This thing is gorgeous! I love the round headlight FLs. I want to put an aluminum hood on mine so bad but can't find one! Love the flat black too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Nice truck but $16,000 is a little steep isn't it?

I'm trying to get more pictures, I feel 16 is steep yes. I feel the way it's spec'd, it's more along the lines of 10-11 myself.
I mean in all actuality it doesn't have much going for it.
350 cummins
9 speed
Spring ride

If I can get get some more pictures I might be interested in doing some trading with him. The 350 has me a little concerned though. Don't know how well I could get along with it till it'd be in the finances to swap a real motor in it.

This thing is gorgeous! I love the round headlight FLs. I want to put an aluminum hood on mine so bad but can't find one! Love the flat black too!

I freaking love this truck...
300" air liner cut off
Trucks loads of awesome...
Last time it was for sale it was listed for 28,500.

Soooooo a friend of mine that knows I'm kinda of looking for a truck gave my number to a gentleman that called me about his 84 Corvette Dash Peterbilt 359 with a 36" bunk. He's asking $9k for it but is open to offers.

I'm trying to get more pictures, I feel 16 is steep yes. I feel the way it's spec'd, it's more along the lines of 10-11 myself.
I mean in all actuality it doesn't have much going for it.
350 cummins
9 speed
Spring ride

If I can get get some more pictures I might be interested in doing some trading with him. The 350 has me a little concerned though. Don't know how well I could get along with it till it'd be in the finances to swap a real motor in it.

I love my Cat but knowing what I know now I wouldn't cross an 855 off the list, even if it was only rated at 350 hp.

The 9 speed was kind of the norm on a truck like that then. The FLs weren't spec very heavy. I mean mine has a RTO-14615 but 38,000 lb rears.

The spring ride isn't so bad. I guess depending on what your going to do with the truck. Idk if I'd want to spend 8-12 hours in a truck with spring ride. But if it's going to be a toy it's really not that bad. We run our pullers around with 40 lbs of air and they're not that bad. Plus an air liner cut off can be had fairly cheap.

I freaking love this truck...
300" air liner cut off
Trucks loads of awesome...
Last time it was for sale it was listed for 28,500.

That makes it right about where I want mine some day, except for the long wheel base.

I have a complete 40,000 lb air liner suspension sitting on pallets and axles, just have to decide how I'm gonna do it!

I love my Cat but knowing what I know now I wouldn't cross an 855 off the list, even if it was only rated at 350 hp.

The 9 speed was kind of the norm on a truck like that then. The FLs weren't spec very heavy. I mean mine has a RTO-14615 but 38,000 lb rears.

The spring ride isn't so bad. I guess depending on what your going to do with the truck. Idk if I'd want to spend 8-12 hours in a truck with spring ride. But if it's going to be a toy it's really not that bad. We run our pullers around with 40 lbs of air and they're not that bad. Plus an air liner cut off can be had fairly cheap.

That makes it right about where I want mine some day, except for the long wheel base.

I have a complete 40,000 lb air liner suspension sitting on pallets and axles, just have to decide how I'm gonna do it!

I know it's not spec'd outta the norm but my plan is to work it.
I'm sure you could take a 350 to the point it would hang around with the trucks down here in my type of work but I would think it would shorten the life span.
The plan as of right now would be to hook it right back to an end dump.
I'm not sure why but I see a lot of easy potential in that truck.
In the big picture it could be very cool.
Air liner cut off to 270-280, throw a 4 speed behind the 9, 400 or 3406 swap...
I mean I don't see a reason guy would get hurt at 10-11.

My biggest issue is I might as well be cummins stupid.

Speaking from experience, I would keep in mind your final goal and don't buy a truck that needs two pots of gold to get it there. For example, my end goal is a W900A extended hood, DI V8 cat would be preferred but I wouldn't mind a V12 Detroit, any trans would work but it will get an 18 speed, air ride isn't a must because it would get an AG400 eventually, but I'm REALLY picky so I wouldn't buy a truck that has specs way outside where I want my final product to be, I WILL NOT buy another truck with a cummins haha

Speaking from experience, I would keep in mind your final goal and don't buy a truck that needs two pots of gold to get it there. For example, my end goal is a W900A extended hood, DI V8 cat would be preferred but I wouldn't mind a V12 Detroit, any trans would work but it will get an 18 speed, air ride isn't a must because it would get an AG400 eventually, but I'm REALLY picky so I wouldn't buy a truck that has specs way outside where I want my final product to be, I WILL NOT buy another truck with a cummins haha

So pay triple what it's worth to have it already done? Nah...
I'd rather start out and work it and build it to what I want.
However it'd likely end up being a backup being as if end up buying a Pete...

Back