finally hooked to the sled@london 6-13-09

broke my 2nd item in it life of competion first was then stock transmission drag racing...

destroyed then tail shaft yoke and u-joint and dented up the front part of then two piece drive shaft. no visible damage to then transmission tail shaft housing.

went 228.37 on a VERY sticky track with STS's.

video... dont know....

will post pictures later

7225_1224823894300_1040072946_690984_3518390_n.jpg

ouch !!!!! but you have to have a weak link somewhere, and that's cheap to fix when compared to getting into the pumpkin or the tranny :)

BBD

ouch !!!!! but you have to have a weak link somewhere, and that's cheap to fix when compared to getting into the pumpkin or the tranny :)

BBD

pulled the drive shaft it its a 2 peice and ~105" long.

the front and rear shaft were 90* off on alignment :doh:.... and most like then reaon it split at the yoke..

D&C it got some heat shielding most likely happend when i was being towed of the track.
and then tires werent spinging either.. so when it brok the drive shaft stop.

the straps on the yoke made quite the racket though....

scott i am pulling the cover on the diff to check it anyways

bowerstock and strayley help my brother and i drag it up on the trailer. thanks guys :clap:

Who said you didn't have any power.Don't those Chevieshave some big Dia, shaft in them. you had some real good bite.

Dale

I got the front and back mixed up... haha.. I saw the damage in the bottom pic.. Just didn't relate it to the top pic.. that it sitting in the same location.. just a different angle...
Hopefully its back together soon...

Back