finally hooked to the sled@london 6-13-09

pulling to nite in seneca mo... 30 inch hitch and blocked rear..... hopen to pull front off ground... runnen around 550hp.. maybe 575hp with water.... should bring up the front... ill have a vid soon tomarrow....

good luck... get at close to the weight limit as possible as well.

and have fun :Cheer:

need to rething my hitch
5083_1169069380472_1040072946_503823_1599488_n.jpg

Damm I did think that Dmax would bend it.Haha just kidding Beleave this are not I was just telling Lynn yesterday afternoon about your hitch.We was up at the NADM in Springfeild Ill.The more I thought about the length from the receiver's to the hitch point I would have welded another peice on your upright to double the thickness the just went to show you you doo have some power in that Dmax.There was alot of DMax there.
you will get in the top boy's when you get you blocks in.
Good hook.

Dale

Looks like a gusset at the point where the vertical piece attaches is in order.
And dale aint jokin we were talkin about exactally that.... creepy....:doh:

Lynn

instead of using solid stock for the verticle member, think you could use a piece of 6" channel on either side, then bolt the d-ring to the channel. Probably loose some of your adjustability (looks like that one can adjust to 1/2"), but it should keep the height a little bit better than your current one.

instead of using solid stock for the verticle member, think you could use a piece of 6" channel on either side, then bolt the d-ring to the channel. Probably loose some of your adjustability (looks like that one can adjust to 1/2"), but it should keep the height a little bit better than your current one.

1" adjustable.

found a 55ton press. going to heat it and bend it straight weld anouther 2" solid brace on th front side.

feltlike it star6ted bouncing alittle:bang

IMO you really need to find a way for the hook point to not be so far away from where the hitch goes in the receiver. Jack the ass end up 6 more inches, or at least as high as you can before it starts picking the tires up off the ground, then put the susp. blocks in. That should almost ensure that you'd be packing a front tire or two also. :rockwoot:

got the hitch bent back to almost staright..(55t hyd presse) enoght to slide the reciever tube part on over top
attachment.php

never mine the rear bumper... damn jumping telephones poles i tell you what :bang

mitch.. i have been thinking the same thing but not to that extreme. the ~1300lb of balast i put in the bed squats the truck ~2.5" at the rear axle. measured at the frame to axle bump stops.

2.5" of travel at the axle center point is 3" at the bumper.

might go 2-3" above ride hieght(empty) due to u-joint angles/current springs. since COPTC is allowing solid rear suspension.

depending on how high the hitch point is might run strap/brace form the top of the verticle point to the frame. seeign some classes require X" of travel

Attachments

• 0629091608.jpg
    0629091608.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 107
IMO you really need to find a way for the hook point to not be so far away from where the hitch goes in the receiver. Jack the ass end up 6 more inches, or at least as high as you can before it starts picking the tires up off the ground, then put the susp. blocks in. That should almost ensure that you'd be packing a front tire or two also. :rockwoot:

Excuse me if I am wrong but a hitch mounted farther back on a 2 wheel drive truck would give more front end lift with more traction to the rear tires. I see the advantage of the hitch being mounted forward in a 4x4 to prevent front lift. Of course the hitch still has to overcome the bending forces. Sorry I now think I follow what you are saying. You are saying to raise the hitch point by raising the rear suspension to allow less height in the adjustable hitch.

Last edited:
Excuse me if I am wrong but a hitch mounted farther back on a 2 wheel drive truck would give more front end lift with more traction to the rear tires. I see the advantage of the hitch being mounted forward in a 4x4 to prevent front lift.
dont want the hitch too far backwards or all you will do is just pull the front and not go anywereOf course the hitch still has to overcome the bending forces. Sorry I now think I follow what you are saying. You are saying to raise the hitch point by raising the rear suspension to allow less height in the adjustable hitch.
true.. but on the other hand it increase its strenght due haveign less leverage

The farther you have the hitch on a 2wd the more it will lower the hight as the front end will rise keep it as close to the rear axle as you can with in the rules. and do the balencing with your weights by moving them from the fender wheels to the tail gate.On our 2wd we ownly want about 2200 to 2400 lb total weight on the front wheels.you will have more because your hitch is longer.

Dale

when you hooking again lynn?

Lynn made his best run of 09 last night. We started at 4pm yesterday evening with no cam, tappets, push rods, rocker arms, oil pan, radiator, intercooler, core support, or a front bumper. By 7:30pm the truck was running and we were loading it on the trailer. BIG BIG THANKS to Dale on this one!!!

Lynn made his best run of 09 last night. We started at 4pm yesterday evening with no cam, tappets, push rods, rocker arms, oil pan, radiator, intercooler, core support, or a front bumper. By 7:30pm the truck was running and we were loading it on the trailer. BIG BIG THANKS to Dale on this one!!!

you sirs are some wrench turning fools :hehe: nice job:Cheer:

Clad evrything worked out :woohoo:did you guy's kick some butt.

Dale

when you hooking again lynn?

Well hooked her last night at Hart co , ky. The vid was posted up by Rods in the video discussion forum. Im at about the 1 min 40 second mark. Run went really smooth, thanks to a proper cam (Thanks Dale) but im still over fueled. But that problem is fixn to be solved here shortly.

Gonna hook her again wednesday night at hometown fair.

Lynn

Back