ahale's 2wd shortbed 1stgen build

I appreciate the advice guys, but I have the 80. I'll risk the extra weight for the simple fact that I know its going to work.

over built, sure.

^ and the fact that you already have it and don't have to spend any more money, I would imagine the 2wd trucks with big slicks are harder on rear end parts anyways, I know fast gas cars are and they don't make near the torque we make

Speaking of running these Dana 60s, I actually have a dana 60 out of a late model ford. Can they be built to withstand the torque and tow some? I know the ring isn't much beefier on the Dana 70 compared to the 60, and I bet the 60 is alot lighter than the Dana 80, so I guess if you had a dana 70 and Dana 60money would be better spent on the Dana 60?

What does it take, detroit locker, 35 spline chromo shafts, truss?

Could also upgrade the dana 60 to disc brakes to cut some weight also and have better braking.

So for the off topic here, but this would be for my newly picked up 95 RCLB

I've been real busy and not on here much, so I have to say I like this build and will be following it. Surprised you went with round tube instead of rectangle tube for the S&W back half... Round tube looks like it is a pain to work with..
Thanks,
Deo

this build has changed a bit... still happening, but with a 4wd drivetrain.

myself and my Friend Chris have both been saving out pennies to build our own trucks for the longest time. we both have half the money and half the time to build one as it should... so its going to be one truck.

so far his motor sits with a steed and a single 75/83/.9. the original plan was to run that with a **** load of NO2 but we will most likely do a compound setup. as much as I dont want to I'll probably rip the pump and the head off my 94.

this winter will be time to save for rods and a lower end build while working on the chassis. I have two weeks off around the holidays that I plan to get a good dent of the chassis work out of the way.

Back