63/68 please advise

OrangeNV

BISH please
anybody who is running a 63mm charger, i would like to ask for the following info

a rough idea of your setup, gearing, tire size, transmission etc...

injector size, p pump or 24v etc.

the main thing i want to know is spool up rpm, or even when you can make 5psi

i have a .88 and a .83 didvided

just let me know which housing the info giver is using

my setup is irrelivant to what im asking

63/68/.88 24v, comp box, 150s

It would make 5-8psi from 1500ish to 1800ish, then stall around 10psi @ 1800 and finally light good closer to 2k rpms. This is just from memory last summer on a buddy's truck i was helping him with.

Hated that charger because of the exhaust housing that was on it.

63/68/.88 06 stock truck with 35" tires G56 and 3.73s, stock truck just a EFI tune and the charger spools only very slightly slower then stock and will make 45psi pretty easy

T3?

I have a ED 63/68/14 on my 12v starts to spool by 1600ish rpm, have not had time to tune afc yet.

480cc, 5x.014", 20*, 3.54 gears, 5 spd, 4300' elevation

^T4

63/68/.88

p-pump 5x14's, 131's in 181 seats, 20*, 3.54, auto- full manual, fuels to ~3200ish

my performance is basically like mathews8pt described - 'medium load' is 5-psi at 1500rpm, OD/TC locked. If I floor it from there it will creep to around 10psi, hover and then after a sec or two will light... normally in the 1800-2000 range.

(I know we've talked, just posting for info)

PS - driving around with TC disengaged in OD, it's more or less an animal as far as boost response goes. I'm thinking the undivided housing bringeth the sucketh.

Last edited:
Any more info? I have been watching this i am looking into getting a 63/68 from e.d.

These spooling good on CR's?
Often thought if I decided to change the charger on this stock motor, that'd I might try a 63/68 as well....

Will probably still run stock sticks with a tune (Either UDC or EFI when availible)...

I just can't drive it stock for much longer...lol

how many others are running a .7 t3 gated housing.......ive heard who you are, post up some numbers

i think this 63/68/.91 would be an all out animal on a tuned CR

how many others are running a .7 t3 gated housing.......ive heard who you are, post up some numbers

i think this 63/68/.91 would be an all out animal on a tuned CR

I have a 64/68/0.7 on my 02. It spools a few hundred RPM more than matthews8pt (starts to spool around 12-1300), but I have more fuel than he does. It runs hot IMO.

I have a 63/68/70 with a billet 6 blade comp wheel, but mine is on a set of compounds...on a ford 6.0L so it's a different game again.
I wish we could get the waste gate ports opened up as an option when buying a turbine housing.
I had way high drive pressure on my old 66/71/80...so I opened the ports up on this .70 housing.

i dont have alot to compare it to, but i love mine. just got it. it does seem to be a bit lazy on the bottom.... but not bad. i also agree it does run warm. nothing crazy, but you can notice when towing. now...when she lights....good times!

Gonna replace a 35/40 with a 63/68/.88 on a CR with an HT60 under it. Its made 735hp so far, Should see a bit more and cool it down some Im hopen. Ill let you know how it does. It seems it is a good inexpensive charger.

finialy got the trubo on. i made 3-4 wot pulls on my way back from work. im running 6x13's, ts mvp, a little w/m, and a 63/68/14. the hx cruised at 7-12psi. the 63 cruises at 0-7psi. turbo is a little laggyer (nothing major), it is a nice kick in the pants when it lights though (well worth the little bit of lag imo). so far i like it. im itching to get back on the dyno, and do some more testing/playing.

Back