63/68 please advise

finialy got the trubo on. i made 3-4 wot pulls on my way back from work. im running 6x13's, ts mvp, a little w/m, and a 63/68/14. the hx cruised at 7-12psi. the 63 cruises at 0-7psi. turbo is a little laggyer (nothing major), it is a nice kick in the pants when it lights though (well worth the little bit of lag imo). so far i like it. im itching to get back on the dyno, and do some more testing/playing.

How does it clean up?

Im driving a vp truck with 6x13 MPM injectors, Edge juice and a 66/71/14 and it wont quite clean up the smoke.

We had a 63/68/.88 on the same truck with 150s and it sucked to drive. The 66/71 lights way better. Would have liked to try a better exhaust housing on that turbo

Last edited:
i think it cleans up real nice. very nice charger in my opinion.

I will hopefully be getting a divided setup on my truck by years end to compare the sucketh

at what load, locked TC in OD at W.O.T? and fully lit at what boost?

Any load, started spooling maybe 2psi at 1400, and just skyrocketed from there. I was never really able to see what psi at what rpm after that, it literally spooled that fast. Had it gated at 50psi, but it was easily there by 2k rpm.

the less timing you are running the sooner it is gonna make boost

dont know what you guys with the lag/hover @10 psi were doin but my 63/68/13s is sick. cant imagine anything lighting quicker. that instant boost came with a price tho ... saw the word 'hot' above but didnt see 'choke'. i did not like sacrificing the flow of my 71 wheel for the around town quick boost fun of the 68. and it is FUN. i am just into lots of timing and top end power

no reason to run a lot of timing with that wheel (68)

my tune was 1ton 5pd 3.55 30" tire 23˚ 191 5x14

*lots of afc mods and LOTS of afc tuning

no reason to run a lot of timing with that wheel (68)

my tune was 1ton 5pd 3.55 30" tire 23˚ 191 5x14

That's 'a lot' of timing for a street truck, no? and just to clarify, you are running a smaller, divided T3 housing than most in this thread, hence the concern with the boost 'hovering.

Like I said in the other thread... the undivided housing bringeth the sucketh

I had a 63/68/12 t3 wg,33's and 3.73's on my 06 auto, 100 hp sticks, 85 over cp3, smarty tntr, it made 629/1404, I towed my pull truck every weekend, a little slower than stock to light, cleared all the smoke up. Egt's not to bad could be controlled by my foot when towing

Last edited:
Gonna replace a 35/40 with a 63/68/.88 on a CR with an HT60 under it. Its made 735hp so far, Should see a bit more and cool it down some Im hopen. Ill let you know how it does. It seems it is a good inexpensive charger.

What do you mean by inexpensive? The couple price quotes i got were $1400-1500? Were is every one getting there 63/68 from? Thanks Great thread too.

It completely cleans up. Makes full boost @ 2000rpm. Im sure it would be a different animal if i had a the pump tapped.

[/COLOR]

What do you mean by inexpensive? The couple price quotes i got were $1400-1500? Were is every one getting there 63/68 from? Thanks Great thread too.

i got mine from E.D.

[/COLOR]

You can get "box" turbos for $650-800ish like from here:

BorgWarner Airwerks Series S300SX3 Turbo PN 177283

The ones that are $14-1500 are complete drop-ins. Changing the exhaust housing will increase the price some, but I honestly don't know where the rest of the additional cost comes from. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Thats what I was wondering because i've been talking to chris at E.D and quoted my $1400 63/68 i cant remember the a/r right now. Is the billet comp wheel worth it for a dd? How many of you guys are running the "box" turbos vs the full drop in with wg?

Id say don't worry about going billet for a DD. Not worth 400 bucks IMO.

Box stock turbos work just fine if you can get the hot side setup how you want.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Ok. What about not having a gate or just do an extenal gate in the t3-t4 adapter?

Back