63/68 please advise

What is .88 equal to?? Like a 14 or 15 cm housing....

And y would it suck???

There is no conversion. cm2 is not how bw rates turbine housing. I dont know where the heck High Tech and II get off calling there bw stuff cm2, its NOT, it is ar. but in an effort to answer your Q, a .70ar is close to what they call a 14cm2. .80ar is prob 16cm2. $.02

Ok good to know...

So the .88 housing is to big for a single turbo on a DD truck???

If its a divided housing than I'd say no, I ran my A3K with. Divided .85 housing and I spooled rather quickly.

But if my memory serves me correctly, then the .88 housing on a box stock charger is undivided.

I have stock 63/68 0,88 t4 steedspeed manifold,sdx 0.14 35tires and lot of fuel,timing 18. Spool very slowly it lights fully ~ 2000rpm at 50psi and run hot 1500F. Even my fuel plate is fully back.
I hate that turbo/settings right now :(

I have stock 63/68 0,88 t4 steedspeed manifold,sdx 0.14 35tires and lot of fuel,timing 18. Spool very slowly it lights fully ~ 2000rpm at 50psi and run hot 1500F. Even my fuel plate is fully back.
I hate that turbo/settings right now :(

The .88 housing is undivided, thats whats hurting you. Swap to a .91 housing, and it will feel like a rocket ship.

I have this turbo on a 03 with the .83 divided t4 housing. works awsome. spools good, tow's good, gets a little warm on top with 100hp injectors and a smarty ssr. i would say depending on what your doing, and your setup the .91 divided would be better for mainly street driving and light towing. Towing 15K i see 5 psi at 1300 rpm with coverter locked. hope this helps you.

I really think I wanna replace my 62/65-14 with one of these on my vp. I'm contemplated a 64/71-14 but the 63 sounds like it may be better.

I have this turbo on a 03 with the .83 divided t4 housing. works awsome. spools good, tow's good, gets a little warm on top with 100hp injectors and a smarty ssr. i would say depending on what your doing, and your setup the .91 divided would be better for mainly street driving and light towing. Towing 15K i see 5 psi at 1300 rpm with coverter locked. hope this helps you.

Problem with everyone selling the .83 T4 is the volutes arent T4 they are more like a T3 in size, so when you bolt it onto a T4 you are creating a sort of dead head that the turbine gases hit because the flange is not a true T4 flange. Can cause quite a few problems with heat, drive pressure, and flow is drastically hurt. A spacer is needed to make the transition correct.

I honestly dont see why everyone is going T4, theyre just arent any good T4 turbine housings available that promote quick spoolup.

Problem with everyone selling the .83 T4 is the volutes arent T4 they are more like a T3 in size, so when you bolt it onto a T4 you are creating a sort of dead head that the turbine gases hit because the flange is not a true T4 flange. Can cause quite a few problems with heat, drive pressure, and flow is drastically hurt. A spacer is needed to make the transition correct.

I honestly dont see why everyone is going T4, theyre just arent any good T4 turbine housings available that promote quick spoolup.

I'm guessing you are referring to BW.

I went from a 62/65/.80 to a 63/68/.91 from t-money and the difference was pretty drastic.

the old charger would hit almost instantly, which I miss, but flatted out fast....

The new one has more of a linear feel, and dropped drive pressures from 2:1 to 1:1-1.2:1 and flows a ton more on top.... it has a pretty soft bottom though.

Gotcha, didn't know if you were speaking generally or specific.

Probably has to do with, you can save $1000 by running a t4 vs the t3 version of the same turbo built by a turbo builder. If there were reasonably priced t3 options everyone would be running them.

Sent from my iPhone, high up in a tree.

You dont save near $1000. I understand people wanting to save money with the T4's as i sell many of them. Save a buck lose performance

I would like to think it's more of a 'tactical cost decision' on 80% of those who buy a box charger

anyone running a 63/71? I have a t3 .80 gated housing already cut for a 71mm wheel...

Back