63/68 please advise

You dont save near $1000. I understand people wanting to save money with the T4's as i sell many of them. Save a buck lose performance

I bought my new t4 63/68 for $615 shipped, how much does a t3 63/68 go for?

Sent from my iPhone, high up in a tree.

I bought mine about 10 months ago from "the boost lab" I just checked their site they now go for $728. But thats still a major savings. I used my saved money to order a Tial gate and Steedspeed manifold from Tmoney. And I wouldn't call slower spool up, but better high rpm flow, a loss in performance.

Last edited:
Yea hes a cool guy, :hehe:

The T3 non gated are a little more but i like them. The gated chargers really add some coin but after new compressor wheels upgraded internals, machining comp and turbine housing it starts to add up.

Last edited:
Alright, first off good customer service. Second I asked you for T3 options for a 63/68 you told me the only option is a .83T4. And that was confirmed in 3 different conversations with you on the phone. The last one being about 6 months ago. And at the time you told me it was a great option. Now your all over the web telling us what a bad idea it is.
The point was T4 is much cheaper than buying a T3, if you have all these great T3 options please share I would love to buy them elsewhere.

Last edited:
i have pm's from a vendor here that the same turbo can be bought for 550.00 shipped.

The .83 is a good housing if its blended, though i like to add a transition spacer to accomodate the difference.

Well im deff not all over the web saying how bad it is, i believe this is my first comment about it, and i dont believe i said it was a bad housing i just expressed how i felt about the transition since its more of a H2E flange than a T4.

Sorry you are unhappy, dont see where i did anything wrong. Just posting up what we have been seeing, plenty of other companys are still pushing the .83 hard i just try and make sure its a better fit. The T3 options have alsways been available not sure why we didnt talk about them as they are around the same price.

Sure id be happy to give you the options :)

.83T4 divided smaller volutes, .88 undivided, .91 divided, .76 divided, .85 divided, .70 undivided, .70 divided gated, .80 divided gated. There are a few more but those are the ones that woul work best for the 68.

Have a good one!

You seemed to have a problem with my price of $615 and I asked what a t3 would cost, so we could see what the actual savings is. But instead I was cool for finding a good deal and no actual info was given.

Not at all, im very happy you got a good deal as id rather see the diesel companys be fair to our customers rather than gouge them. As vendors we arent supposed to post prices in open forums or we get in trouble.

Deff no problem in you getting a good deal, i just put a question mark beside the .88 to see what turbine housing u selected.

Last edited:
I see, then my appologies for taking it wrong.

what ise the best upgrade for that turbo 63/68 0.88 t4
91 divided housing or something else?
I tow a big boats to my truck and offcourse i want meny hosrsepowers as possible :D

what ise the best upgrade for that turbo 63/68 0.88 t4
91 divided housing or something else?
I tow a big boats to my truck and offcourse i want meny hosrsepowers as possible :D

I'd get rid of the .88 housing ASAP, and go with a .91. I had a .7 on mine, and it spooled like crazy, you could look into that one as well.

what means ASAP
.7 means 0.70 ar?
you drive t3?
Do you have video when you driving this turbo?
Our country this turbo is first one and we have only 4 cummins wich is faster than stock :D
Sry english is not my home language

what means ASAP
.7 means 0.70 ar?
you drive t3?
Do you have video when you driving this turbo?
Our country this turbo is first one and we have only 4 cummins wich is faster than stock :D
Sry english is not my home language

ASAP means "as soon as possible"
.7 is .70a/r
Mine was T3 when i had it. Spooled at around 1400rpm with a 74mm turbine.
I figured English wasn't your first language LOL You're from Estonia also? Do you happen to know margus?

yes, i know Margus, he is helping me very-very much :bow: and wagoneer also.
i call my local borg warner dealer and he told me, i can`t buy 0,91 t4 housing in europe :bang

New Box 63/68 here with a mystery used .70 w/g TH. I don't know who cut the TH for the 68. I have $675 in the whole charger.

Boost maxes out at 48psi with my combo on the street running TNT-R. I don't look at the gauge when I hook. About 42psi with the Van Aaken turned off, Revo on # 1. Registers boost @ 1300rpm, 10psi @ 1500rpm cruising in 6th. Smarty, VA C3.2, 130HP sticks, 33% Floor It, 3.73's, 315's, KB cam, three piece 2nd gen mani. Max boost by 2000rpm. Boost to drive is always positive up to 40psi. Above 40psi drive leads by apx 5psi.

Here's what you do with a .88 T4 undivided. I call it "Turbo Hitch"

turbohitch.jpg

i have a 63/68/.83 divided t4 on a 03 with 90hp injectors, and it works really good. full boost by 17-1800rpm. not sure why buy only builds 40psi according to my edge insight. i figured it would have made more. first ran the turbo with the .88 open housing and it was a turd. like this setup way better. i bought the box stock turbo and got the smaller housing for it. have about $900 into it so i cant complain to much lol.

Where you buy the 0.83 t4 housing for that turbo?
I understand if i want to use the 83 housing then i have do machine the turbo itself.
You housing fit or you have do machined it?

Back