Stereo project is finally complete.

It always is the little details that brings everything together, gonna look awesome when all finished.

Yep. That's who tuned it. Several people here listened to it this weekend...everyone seemed to think it's sounding pretty damn good.

Good deal, he sure knows his way around a competition system. Shame he couldn't convince you on some big DD subs in a blow through. So many good audio resources for you out in Cali.

Jim actually doesn't run DD anymore...he's running Illusion Carbons now in back and a 10W6v2 up front in his new truck.

You're right about lots of stuff out here though. I'm 30 minutes from Orca and have been hanging out with their tech support guy. That's a resource I'm happy to have close by since 90% of what I run is stuff they import.

I kinda figured, it's been a while now since I have been up to speed on peoples gear, I really gotta get back into it some day.

Oh man, sounds like you are making all the good connections out there!! Time to start upgrading the work truck then too lol

I'm just ready for MECA to start up around here. I wanna see how it stacks up in Modified Street. If I need any tweaking Jim only lives 5 minutes from me. He likes to see stuff he's tuned win so I'm sure he'll mess with it if I need it.

Finished my little trim panel project. Got it smooth finally and put some velcro around the edge to stop any squeaks or rattles. Don't hate...it worked. lol
539731_10201193437257684_511511057_n.jpg

Made an aluminum bracket to hold it from the back.
1396055_10201193437537691_439977412_n.jpg

Screwed it into the console trim from the back and called it done.
1424313_10201193437777697_1698471877_n.jpg

I'll make a new one when I have some time. I learned a few things this time that'll help me get a better fit on round 2.

That looks slick Rich.

And I don't even see any dust! picture is a little blurry and the lighting is all wrong, but hey, you can't be perfect.

There's no way to get a good cell phone pic in the garage at night....just ain't gonna happen.
And it's a gasser...it's already slow. LOL

My girl has thousands of dollars worth of Canon stuff...she can take good pics for me later. LOL
I know it's well into the thousands because I paid for most of it. Cell phones suit me just fine. LOL

I wouldn't change a thing in your system as far as speakers go. If you wanted to go up in amps, maybe Sinfoni? But you wouldn't be able to hear a noticeable difference. I would take the Morel over Focals subs any day of the week.

I wouldn't change a thing in your system as far as speakers go. If you wanted to go up in amps, maybe Sinfoni? But you wouldn't be able to hear a noticeable difference. I would take the Morel over Focals subs any day of the week.

Why?

Did I miss why you decided to change from the stock HU and processor combo to the kenwood?

I was inquiring about doing KRX2's in a 2014 Laramie 2500, but was told without changing the HU I would never get the quality of my PS165's I have in my Sierra. Can't bring myself to change out the 8.4" and lose all the integration.

Did I miss why you decided to change from the stock HU and processor combo to the kenwood?

I was inquiring about doing KRX2's in a 2014 Laramie 2500, but was told without changing the HU I would never get the quality of my PS165's I have in my Sierra. Can't bring myself to change out the 8.4" and lose all the integration.

A good signal processor will get you what you want. OEM integration is where things are headed these days.

At this price point I don't believe anyone on the planet could tell the difference between amps. I looked at Sinfoni but they wouldn't work in my install. Top mount controls are hard to come by...there's only a few choices. Audioson was on the short list too.

Back