Stereo project is finally complete.

A good signal processor will get you what you want. OEM integration is where things are headed these days.

Why did you go away from oem HU?

Agree you'll never get the performance out of krx2 with oem and processor vs aftermarket?

It was too slow and didn't go with the rest of the truck....there aren't many stock parts left and the radio looked out of place with the rest of the custom interior.

Anything you may lose using an OEM HU will be inaudible. As long at the DSP can sum a 20-20K signal range you'll be fine. The Rockford 3Sixty.3 is one of the best and built to do exactly what you're looking at. Mine was great with that DSP and the stock HU. I went back to the 6to8 because it was the first step towards a sponsorship from Orca.

I find Focal didn't spend as much time doing their research on their subs as they could have. They did an excellent job on the Utopia line of speakers, but never made a sub to match. Don't get me wrong, they do have some decent subs but not in the same line as the Morel. On the other hand, Morel made a beautiful sub, and their supremo tweeters are very nice, but their midrange speaker lineup is lacking.

Every company has their highlight. Focal is the Utopia Be series, Morel is the Ultimo, Audison is the Thesis....no company hits everything perfectly.

Last edited:
This head unit kicks ass.

1000269_10201205431037521_1200140943_n.jpg

I was able to listen Rico's stereo while we were in Vegas. I can't even put words to how clear it is. Not crazy loud and overbearing, but you hear pieces of songs you didn't know existed. Nice work buddy, sounds amazing!

My current amp is a little low on power for the Ultimo and the enclosure is a little small. The C12XL is a perfect match for everything that's already there instead of changing amps and reworking a bunch of other stuff.

Sounds like the Morel won't work for me then. Looking for one that will work well in the rear passenger under-seat storage space.

If you have ~1ft^3 to work with check out the Illusion.
I've listened to several...Morel finesse with W7 low end. This may be the new standard in SQ subs.

Saw that years ago when it was done. Absolutely phenomenal fab work...and well outside my abilities or bank account.

Back