05_LLY jams gears into the 11s!

I had a 93 2x4 extended cab dually and it was 5100lbs. My 2nd gen is on the PX90 diet and will be down to that weight.

its some stupid diet/workout routine on infomercials at 4 am. When I get home from work, its on like very other channel.

Doing good, really busy at work im typing warrants like there going outa style. Putting my motor back together :rockwoot:. Hope all is well over there.

Congrats man, that's awesome! I've watched that "Diesel Dawgs #1" video a 100 times when I started getting the fever with my 6 speed. Glad to see hand shakers cutting fast times, even if you are a Duramax. :D Now we need to get another run in the 11's with a decent video...

Thanx Everyone, Ill get a better vid, just might have to wait til spring! I love it more and more manual trucks are getting into racing, the more that do it, the faster we will all get!!

I had a 93 2x4 extended cab dually and it was 5100lbs.

How is that possible? My ext. cab 4x4 srw 92 with no spare tire, hitch, skidplate, front sway bar and 3/4 fuel still weighs 6100. Now with the Dana 80 it is about 6300.

The lightest first gens are 89-91.5 before the frame went from 6 inch to 8 inch and the intercooler was added. The 2wd models can weigh around 4900-5000 lbs.
Go find yourself one in Minnesota Jason; with all the rotten sheetmetal you might get it down to 4600 lbs.
I don't see the need to continue mentioning his truck weighs 6000 lbs. Anyone watching this thread knows this. Princes truck, although a higher trap speed, wieghed around 6100 IIRC (correct me if I'm wrong).

Heck of a run for sure Caleb. On diesel only no less!

That little bit of tire spin might be your friend. Get it to hook up much better and you might break parts. I really don't see you improving that time with 113 trap speed; it is no different than an auto. I think you just need a little more power.

That does sound a little light if it was stock, at least compared to mine. My '93 reg cab 2x4 dually was 5500.

How is that possible? My ext. cab 4x4 srw 92 with no spare tire, hitch, skidplate, front sway bar and 3/4 fuel still weighs 6100. Now with the Dana 80 it is about 6300.

The lightest first gens are 89-91.5 before the frame went from 6 inch to 8 inch and the intercooler was added. The 2wd models can weigh around 4900-5000 lbs.
Go find yourself one in Minnesota Jason; with all the rotten sheetmetal you might get it down to 4600 lbs.
I don't see the need to continue mentioning his truck weighs 6000 lbs. Anyone watching this thread knows this. Princes truck, although a higher trap speed, wieghed around 6100 IIRC (correct me if I'm wrong).

Heck of a run for sure Caleb. On diesel only no less!

That little bit of tire spin might be your friend. Get it to hook up much better and you might break parts. I really don't see you improving that time with 113 trap speed; it is no different than an auto. I think you just need a little more power.

Great post!

Thanx yeah i do think im at the limit of my set up right now, I have a bigger turbo to put on but gonna try just adding some injectors first (still on stock injs) rail psi hold and it runs 99% smoke free after launch! The spining dosent concern me as much as the hoping, I always 60" better with a lil spin but, but the way the front end starts to po go stick on the ground when it spins im surprised i havent broke anything yet!!!

Thanx
Caleb

I must be clairvoyant, I knew how this thread was going to read before I clicked on it. I was 100% correct.
Congrats Caleb, glad to see all the hard work paying off! Now that I know you like to booze it up a bit, next time I'm back in town we should all get together for a few cold ones.:Cheer:

Back