12V towing setup

I don't mean to hijack the thread but I'm building an almost identical setup for my Ford right now. Would it be worth it to use a 24v head to flow more air and keep things cool. Would that also enable me to run a bigger turbo without it getting too hot? I'm trying to stay away from twins I like the simplicity of a single turbo better.

Care to share any more about this 58ET wheel? Is it a factory borg unit? Does it use the standard s300 152mm backplate? :pop:

Call ED or your turbo shop of choice, they can hook you up....I just told Chris what I wanted, he mentioned this wheel, and I said send it I'll give it a shot.

Well either i had more fuel in the truck then i remember for when it towed horestrailers or my truck just runs hotter then most egt wise... It hated the hx35, and 40 but worked with the 62 so I don't know

Don't get me wrong, they do work....but it just seems they are more picky than the smaller compressors about "how" they cool.

Keep in mind, I've tried between 30-40 different chargers and setup, so I've seen how a lot of different charger act while under heavy towing....and I've also had to make sure the truck was idiot proof so that other people could drive it if need be.

Chris

Wanted to say thanks again for all the info you guys posted for everyone to read. I ran into some hang-ups as I was trying to start my engine that has been sitting since '96. Long story short, my 160 pump died, so it is at a fuel shop getting rebuilt right now. A nice friend was great enough to let me use his stock 215 pump until my pump is done.

I had some dv's laying around and I wanted to see if anyone has run a similar combo on their 160 pump. I asked the pump guy to use my 131 dv's with 181 seats, install a #6 plate and a set of 3KGSK's. I also scored a set of stock injectors from a 215 motor so I will be running those, at least for a while. Not going for big numbers, just want a fuel efficient driver/good tow vehicle.

Thanks

Back