19* on DDP4's??

B18B1LS1

I'm at 19* now and it seems to work fine with the new injectors, any suggestions that might do any better? Thanks!

I was running 20* with .020 washers, and noticed some spraying outside the bowls with my DDP4's...I think DDP says to stick below 18.5*, so that's where I'm going back with!

Chris

I'm sure my headgasket wouldn't mind me pulling it back a little!

B18B1LS1 said:
I'm at 19* now and it seems to work fine with the new injectors, any suggestions that might do any better? Thanks!

Just a quick question for you. How fast can you get hot with those injectors? I believe we should be pushing close to the same fuel and I'm just trying to get a comparison.

It buries the pyro within 5-6 seconds I'd say from a stop. Suprisingly a little slower and lower than my stock injectors though. Need to do some more testing (beating on it) this week!

DDP says to keep em under 19*. Im running 25* with mine and they seem to be doing fine. When i put my new pump on though i'll probably just set it back at 18*.

B18B1LS1 said:
It buries the pyro within 5-6 seconds I'd say from a stop. Suprisingly a little slower and lower than my stock injectors though. Need to do some more testing (beating on it) this week!

You need some big air, at least a 62mm size if not a 66!

Jim

No doubt on that, thats next! Along with a real tranny and some headwork hopefully.

i'm running 25* with a Shiver Monster 13mm pump and DDP's stage 4"s. i runs great. it will push 95 to 100psi boost and it still runs.

I'm actually getting some weird results so far with the DDP4's. I know I am WAYYY overfueled and I expected my poor turbo to explode. Right now the level of smoke is WAY up at all times, I got a nice gain of seat of the pants power, and my EGTs are actually BETTER, but boost is still the same as with the stock injectors, right at 40psi. Checked all the boots tonight but I'm wondering if maybe my intercooler has a leak? Need to keep tinkering and see whats going on because something isn't right!

B18B1LS1 said:
I'm actually getting some weird results so far with the DDP4's. I know I am WAYYY overfueled and I expected my poor turbo to explode. Right now the level of smoke is WAY up at all times, I got a nice gain of seat of the pants power, and my EGTs are actually BETTER, but boost is still the same as with the stock injectors, right at 40psi. Checked all the boots tonight but I'm wondering if maybe my intercooler has a leak? Need to keep tinkering and see whats going on because something isn't right!

I kind of have this problem also. With these new 5x16's I have power is up quite a bit, smoke is up there as well, but I can only make about 1300 degrees on the pyro. I'd think I'd be able to peg it and then some. Maybe some sort of fuel delivery issue?

WHen I had my DDP4's in with a bone stock 180 pump, I could only see about 1250 degrees. You may need more pump adjustments to get the heat.

mine are just a little small then DDP4's and I'm at 15*. Just tried to get the timing changed yesterday and the gear won't come off the pump. Stripped the bolts on the puller :bang . DDP was the last to touch the timing, I'm hoping they don't use locktite. The EGT's aren't that bad, but the new turbo helped that quite a bit.

ive been at 22.5° on my DDP 4's for a while now. sounds like there going to spraying out of the bowl alot...:bang

I can still sit my pyro at about the 1900-2000 range but it takes a touch longer to get there compared to my stock injectors. My fuel pressure is set at 50psi idle and WOT pulls down around 38-40, so that should be good. I'm worried I have a busted intercooler or even worse a problem in the head somewhere:bang

Last edited:
Back