2.6 Protrusion Consensus

On the 80 sitting on my bench if you measure down 1/8" from the front of the compressor tips that is right where the MWE is. So I guess weld them up and recut them?

Why ? Every thing is were it should b by the rules cept for the width of the MWE grove if u want it wider IMO I would go back with it , then cut yr wheel tips down to 2.60127543.97834 . Insert a bushing into the bore down to were it meets the beginning of the factory grove

Why ? Every thing is were it should b by the rules cept for the width of the MWE grove if u want it wider IMO I would go back with it , then cut yr wheel tips down to 2.60127543.97834 . Insert a bushing into the bore down to were it meets the beginning of the factory grove

If you look at the picture of the yes and no, the factory MWE is right in the location of the NO picture. Guess we can wait for the renderings to see a visual. I figured that there were a few visuals already on here, and that the "techs" could copy and paste the correct rendering.

I guess I can grab another turbo or two and do some measuring.

If I run a true 2.6 charger w/a billet wheel and a stock mwe. Do I need up to date tags and insurance on my pulling truck? What is a hood stack? If I have a 2.6 dodge cummins pulling truck and haul it to a cotpc event w/ a ford powerstroke can I still pull in the 2.6 class. Also can I run a fuel cell out front w/ my weights? Whats a clipped wheel and how do they protrude? If I run 33" bfg's on the front of my truck is it legal to run 33" sts on the rear? What is a bullet wheel? If I pull my hot rod daily driver in the 2.6 class can I b!+ch and complain when I get beat by 50'? Does my kill switch need to kill the engine? Who is this MWE guy????Is he the tech?:bang

yes, no, maybe, and i think so?

U did it. That is a perfect picture of what we agreed to at our rules meeting. The picture that says yes that u posted that is. Brandon,If u take an s4 and make it a 2.6 what is going to happen to the mwe?

I looked at the 3 cut covers and wheels I could find here at home 75,and 2 80MM on all 3 the MWE begins just a tiny amount behind the step in the cover so it does start at the front of the tip of the big wheel possibly a slight bit behind had to tell without the wheel mounted on a center section and the cover on so I could see once it is all put together. In my opinion no MWE in the 2.6" bore and straight cut no taper maybe even perpendicular to the 2.6" bore for those of you that see that glitch to mod the MWE at an angle......

Brandon

Still going to be tough teching MWE slot profiles (oops, did next year's "trick" just escape?) :evil

In my opinion no MWE in the 2.6" bore and straight cut no taper maybe even perpendicular to the 2.6" bore for those of you that see that glitch to mod the MWE at an angle......

Brandon

Like I said...

If you look at the picture of the yes and no, the factory MWE is right in the location of the NO picture. Guess we can wait for the renderings to see a visual. I figured that there were a few visuals already on here, and that the "techs" could copy and paste the correct rendering.

I guess I can grab another turbo or two and do some measuring.

Hmm I dunno , IMO both pics pass, I know at scheids or Ts it would go

I wouldnt get caught up in all the were groves are peeps are going to make what ever it takes, keep it simple 1/8 protrusion in a 2.6 bore 200 or 250 on width of groove , a person would have to b protested anyways for them to measure the groove unless stated in the rules during tech

Last edited:
It would only make sense to me that the MWE location is really only relevant inside the bore, but whatever.

Rods, how can both pics pass when the rule stated says "it must be BEHIND the step in the wheel."

Obviously we still don't agree on what the "step" is....egad...

Just saying IMO and other places that already has protrusion rules , there not as detailed on were steps should and should not be

Just saying IMO and other places that already has protrusion rules , there not as detailed on were steps should and should not be

Agree 100% on that.

I think this would be most easily handled by saying the MWE cannot be in front of the compressor wheel. Because then it's not an MWE.

\

I don't think the majority of the fpp and nadm pullers realize they are leaving the door wide open for someone w/ the right resources and know how to come in and put the smack down on them by 20 and 30 feet consistently. Thankfully it happened over here once and I think it woke up alot of the pullers and showed them what can and will happen with the old rules in place.

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Let me translate for people outside of southern Ohio:"
The rules were fine as long as the southern Ohio trucks were doing the smacking by 30 feet for 3 years, but when an INDIANA truck came over and did the smacking, by god its time to change rules!!!!!!!"
:lolly::lolly::lolly::lolly:

I actually think the thread as been helpful, with a touch of redundant, lol.

The Ohio trucks were always 2.6 trucks. Where as the Indiana trucks a 2.8 and 3.0 truck.

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Let me translate for people outside of southern Ohio:"
The rules were fine as long as the southern Ohio trucks were doing the smacking by 30 feet for 3 years, but when an INDIANA truck came over and did the smacking, by god its time to change rules!!!!!!!"
:lolly::lolly::lolly::lolly:

I actually think the thread as been helpful, with a touch of redundant, lol.

:kick::clap:LOL

Will the width of the MWE be measured on both the interior and exterior of the compressor bore?

Back