2000 Jetta ALH build thread

For the money I went with the eibach setup. Like 280 bucks. My end links are racelands iirc. With 2in lower I still have them at factory length with no rub on the CV. I'm not sure on back spacing but the wheels are 19x8.5 front with 225/35 nitto nt555 rubber. 19x9.5 rear with 245/35 Nitto rubber. I love the setup. Minor stretch but yet still easy to drive.

Well found out why I was having so much body roll. When the guy I bought it from lowered the car he must have removed the front roll bar. What a knuckle head. The heavier roll bars are only $550. 21mm is the stock roll bar from must golfs so the 22mm isn't much difference from stock.

Good suspension and you won't want the front sway bar, we usually chop them out when installing coils.

Well, I made up my mind on what to do with this car. Going to do a small winter build.

IMG_20141005_160523.jpg

From the lake

That's why I didn't give details LOL

I'm wanting to change the looks and build a fun streetable engin . Goals are over 200hp :D . First is to get my daily going.

It's time to start the build.... I bought a 2002 alh engine... Looking to go a gtb2260 setup with a big pump... Should be well above the 200hp mark. No nitrous yet....

Well this is probably the last time you will see the car looking this way... Big changes coming... Sounds like a few sponsors are on board too.

PUS_2478.jpg

So... yeah... let me know what parts you aren't going to need... lol!
Looking forward to seeing the build/results. :)

Will do!! I know with buying a second mk4 to daily I will still be using most of the parts I have already on mine but what you looking for?

Im not actually looking for anything. lol
I just need to get the lack of heat issue figured out and then it will be a good daily driver, which is all I need. I spend too much money on my other vehicles to mod this one too.

Small update...

IMG_20141113_193428.jpg

Tore it down... Found out it has a new 11mm pump and new vnt15.... New pistons in it, new cam, new head, and fresh cross hatch.... Not bad for $400 bucks LOL

IMG_20141113_211315.jpg

Time to make a list and save money

Another small update. Picked up a full black interior with the 20th seats and trim... I love the recaro seats

IMG_20141205_204814.jpg

Last edited:
Let's add to the list I purchased a boser hood and a 05 trunk that I'm going to cut up and make into a custom euro trunk... They never made one with the gli lip trunks.

How much for the VNT15 and miles? Fighting a freaking Overboost code on my Golf we believe to be sticky vanes :bang already tried chemical clean still throwing into limp mode! :bang :bang

Another small update. Picked up a full black interior with the 20th seats and trim... I love the recaro seats

IMG_20141205_204814.jpg

How much and where did you score the black interior? My '06 is beige and so is my sons '01... we would both like black interiors...

We don't mind the work but can't afford to pay through the nose!!!

Back