2000 Jetta ALH build thread

Changed a few things up
IMG_20140909_244255386_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140909_244343136_HDR.jpg

So I changed a lot on the car. Got a few things left to do.

Lol. It rides awesome. I actually am going to lower it another half inch to a total 2in lower. Is anyone going to h2o?

That thing looks awesome. Love the new wheels. I'm thinking I'm gonna change mine this spring after I take the winter tire off. How much of a change did the sway bars make?

Thanks guys!! I just changed the taillights again.

Sway bars are a must. Especially a rear one. The steering is so much better to where your not afraid.to push it in a corner. I personally would change both of them. I run the cheaper eibach setup but for me it works great. Body roll is a minimum

I'm picking up a 2000 Jetta VR6... I know... I know... I wish it was a TDI but they are very difficult to find... so if you have any parts you want to donate... since you keep changing things on yours lol

LOL I do have a few things I don't need. I honestly like the vr6 ones. They are quick. Turbo it.

I need to clean mine up but here is last night pics. Doing engine mounts and dogbone this weekend.

You can follow me @durty_dzl

IMG_20140911_234242.jpg

Finally got out yesterday for a couple pics. Overcast day.

IMG_20140912_193124364_HDR.jpg

Location is the same as the one in my Sig. 6months difference between those two pics.

Last edited:
:drool1: Yeah, I like it. Guess I need to start looking for parts for mine. I talked to a shop a little while ago about a turbo kit for the VR6. Definitely contemplating it! I guess I should get it running first LOL

After you get it running it will make you wonder how quick it could really be with a turbo setup. I know I do, but the things are rather fun in stock form, I have an 04 GLI VR6.

Car finally went down the rest of the way. It's sitting perfect to me. I also did the roof black and changes a few more small things. I will throw up a pic of it tomorrow at import face off in Hebron Ohio

I put my diesel geek short shifter in yesterday. That thing was easy to install and damn does it make a difference.

They sure do build amazing parts. I love the shifter. Their skid plates work amazing also. I have both on mine. With the fmj kit.

I have the DieselGeek short shifter and skid plate on my '06 and they both work great!!!

I cant believe how long the stock shift throw was for something that is supposed to be a sporty German car... It was very surprising and the short shift kit helped a lot!!!

Just a quick dirty pic. Doing a photoshoot this weekend

IMG_20140930_185846.jpg

Just get it David. Best money you will spend.

What end links did you use for the front sway bar with it being lowered? what about the rear? I'm looking at the H&R 26F/28R sway bars. I just ordered a strut tower brace and lower control arm brace. What back spacing are the new wheels? I'm thinking new wheels in the spring.

Back