2000 Jetta ALH build thread

Have any clearance problems with those wheels and tires? I'm thinking about running 18x9 front and rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have any clearance problems with those wheels and tires? I'm thinking about running 18x9 front and rear

I think you'll have rubbing at least on bumps. Unless you like rubber band tires. I'm running stock 17s, with 235/45, and they clear fender by a hair.

Edit: that's lowered a few inches
2nd edit: they are 245/40

Last edited:
Yea I like pretty aggressive fitment but I don't want to cut a tire. Might have to roll the fenders. I'm having a hard time decide what size and offset I want to run

Buy my 19s :D

Then I'm running 255/50/17 snow tires now... Lowered 2in

That interior I got cheap. Like 350 bucks for everything. Those seats are worth 1k alone. Then I will look for another. My gray interior will be up for sale eventually too.

IMG_20141129_171554.jpg

Winter mode. I got bored with the wheels and painted them.

Buy my 19s :D

Then I'm running 255/50/17 snow tires now... Lowered 2in

That interior I got cheap. Like 350 bucks for everything. Those seats are worth 1k alone. Then I will look for another. My gray interior will be up for sale eventually too.

Keep me in mind for the complete gray interior. We are definitely interested as the tan is so bad, but the price was right so we got the car anyhow!!!

Seriously, don't chemical clean these things! just yank the turbo off, separate the center section from the turbofold and clean it properly.

Seriously, don't chemical clean these things! just yank the turbo off, separate the center section from the turbofold and clean it properly.

Going to.... after I swap Dustin's low mileage unit in place of mine.:hehe:

I can't have the car down for more than a day as its my only transportation right now. The NV4500 is out of my Dodge and my Ford is in the shop getting ready to sell.

Plan to clean mine and sell it to recoup some money from buying Dustin's low mileage turbo.

Time to try something new... I just ordered a bunch of stuff for my headlights... Doing something not really done a lot... Trying to be more unique... Then got a hood and trunk I'm getting ready to cut both up... Then the white car is almost done... Going to get it going here hotfoot before the new year... Then it will sell and I will buy another mk4 TDI.

I have a couple gas cars within 10 min of my house that I have been getting all my parts from. Yes.

What do you need?

Well.... I got my mk3 running finally... Time to title, clean, insure and work the bugs out prior to selling for another mk4

Back