2000 Jetta ALH build thread

Just picked up an 02 Jetta 5 speed!! Super excited! I think I might order a short throw shifter for it tomorrow :woohoo:

Just picked up an 02 Jetta 5 speed!! Super excited! I think I might order a short throw shifter for it tomorrow :woohoo:

Congrats! Order from dieselgeek.com and pick up one of their skid plates while you are at it!

Oh yeah, I've already looked at diesel geek. I didn't price their skid plate though.

Get the skid plate for sure!!! The pan on VWs is very thin cast aluminum that cracks/breaks easily and NEEDS protection!

If you can only afford one or the other get the skid plate first then get the short shift kit later.$.02

There have been a lot of ruined engines from loss of oil after a hit on the pan...

Maybe I need to look into the hd skid plates.

Y'all know my luck. Lol

But, I've owned the TDI for 7+ years now and the last year + was modded and I've not SWOLED it yet. :)

Maybe I need to look into the hd skid plates.

Y'all know my luck. Lol

But, I've owned the TDI for 7+ years now and the last year + was modded and I've not SWOLED it yet. :)

Only takes one hit to loose the magic engine juice! But we are a lot more rural than you, so I put the plate on my '06 not long after we got it, and Kyle is saving for the plate for his '02...

IMG_20151022_184218828.jpg

Let's just say it's not your standard 17/22... Billet compressor wheel with a worked compressor housing. Figured I would show you it compared to the blown vnt15 :evil

And I love my wheels... Selling them shortly to get another set LOL

Just bought a 99.5 Jetta TDI 5 speed two days ago, this was a fun thread to read! Gave me lots of I wants

small update for you guys... CAR RUNS LOL

lots of upgrades
IMG_20151107_212459769.jpg

and this is the current look for the bay but its not completely done yet. Been a long couple weeks. I need to get my injectors ordered friday then getting a retune done by Les @ GDM Performance

Screenshot_2015-11-10-12-08-28.png

only issue I have is 5in of ground clearance. I have nothing like that lol. gotta get a 4x6x12 and make some better ramps

Just wanted to throw out that this height was before I got my coilovers. Now the car sits low. low enough you cant fit a 2"x4" under it. so figure 1 1/2" of ground clearance :evil

Just wanted to throw out that this height was before I got my coilovers. Now the car sits low. low enough you cant fit a 2"x4" under it. so figure 1 1/2" of ground clearance :evil

A standard 2x4 measures 1-1/2" by 3-1/2" these days... So you have less. :hehe:

Had to throw that in there... :evil

I really want most of that stuff you have under the hood, but I'm really wishing I had bought a jetta now instead of my Golf. :bang

Back