2000 Jetta ALH build thread

Thanks!! I'm possibly finally done with the looks.

Next item is going to be a turbo and larger injectors.

That looks pretty good! I'm holding off on modding my 06 until I can afford/need a clutch upgrade to get rid of that stupid dual mass flywheel.
ege3agam.jpg

that 2000 is a good lookin car now, love the euro stuff, I had an 03 5 spd and with just the avry mod I could slip the hell out of the clutch in 4th just climbing on it, I can't imagine how quick one with lots of mods is.

Thanks!! Its going to get a turbo here when I finish fixing the mk3. Then probably off to buy another 00-03 to build into a toy.

Man!! I wish I knew modding my TDI would satisfy my desire for another "hot rod".
I just can't make myself pull the trigger on it because I feel like I'd still want another fast car or truck to actually do some street / strip with.

I know I'd love a fast TDI but I can't afford to do both.

Ugh.

Y'alls look and sound really nice though guys.

There is a ton of potential in them David!! I'm fixing this 98 then selling it. After that I'm getting another ALH mk4 and we will see what they can do. I'm already searching for spare blocks after seeing they split around 350-400hp. Its time to enjoy a car.

The silver daily driver is getting a billet 17/22 with some PP764s and a new tune. After that I'm stopping on it.

You can't afford to have both Swoled up either.:hehe:

Amen to that!!

Actually taking it to a local place here that JFettig found for me to finally have a professional get my "Limping" issue diagnosed and fixed.

I think I'm gonna spring for a stage 1 (or whatever they call it) tune as well. 20hp/34tq is what he said it'd add.

I'm sure once I do this and feel the extra power, it'll just snow ball from there. I'm going to try to resist. lol

If I thought I'd be satisfied with a really quick TDI as opposed to another Hot Rod of some sort, I'd probably go all out. But I'm craving BIG power again. But like I said above, I'M TRYING TO RESIST and just save my money.

Well a little update that I did tonight.

Before
IMG_20140616_212701476.jpg

After
IMG_20140616_221436969.jpg

I did the black with vinyl. I thinking about doing a little bit more on the car.

Man!! You're killing me !!

I just caved and have some mods in the works now LOL

We'll see how it goes... Should be fun.

Your car looks great man! Now you have me wanting all sorts of stuff.
Going with HP first, then looks later if I stay with it.

Trust me you will stay with it. They are awesome machines.

Thanks for the comments!! This weekend I'm doing some new photos.

Back