2000 Jetta ALH build thread

I am not paying 2k for it. He don't even know if it runs. Pass.

Then the front end of the silver car is getting changed over. Needless to say I got bored. And it's not getting a body kit

Well this thread will be getting some more updates whenever I decide to get the car in the garage. Working on some upgrades.

Diesel geek short shift kit
Eibach 22mm front/25mm rear sway bars
034 motor sports street density motor mount kit
Megan Racing Strut tower brace
All new grilles
DRL cob led setup I'm tabbing

This is a so far list. Got a few parts to order yet and some are here along with others on the way.

I hope it handles better LOL

He bought one. I think atleast. Haven't heard anything from him since he went to go buy one. Hope its a good thing.

sorry guys..been swamped with calving season :/ tired, sore, sleep deprived etc etc..anyway I went and looked at that TDI dustin and mechanically its was fine. but the car turned out to be a rust bucket..long story short I was told it was a rust free car and I didn't want another project to work on with basically 0 time to do anything ( like now ). looked like someone took it to a shopping mall and turned about 100 shopping carts loose on it with 40mph winds too aside from the rust... funny what a little photo editing can do to a picture. I was pretty pissed. drove 4 hours one way for nothing..it was perfect...just makes me sick thinking about it..back to the hunt I guess..

Ordered today so far...

H&R sport springs
Engine mount kit from 034 motorsports
Diesel Geek short shift kit
Weighted shift knob
Adjustable sway bar end links
Clear and Black marker lights

Sitting in garage....

Eibach 22mm front and 25mm rear sway bars
Megan strut tower brace
Mesh metal grilles
Daytime running lights
H&R 15mm spacers

Ordering tommorw

XS D4700 agm battery from our sponsors on here.

Lots of work to come. :D

Why bother with adjustable sway bar ends? I took mine off my 02 and it cornered awesome.

When you lower them beyond 1in they tend to rub on the tires. So since I'm going down farther than that its the least expensive option I found for when I also do my sway bar.

but why keep the swap bar? Why not remove it and if you want one put the one in the rear axle. Never used one but I know they are out there.

I'm trying to limit my body roll that the car is showing. I enjoy curvy roads and in eastern ohio/ western pa we have a few.

This topic has been covered multiple times on tdiclub.

Love my lil 02....just got intimate with a head gasket and ARP's on mine. Also just bought a spare engine and trans out of a wrecked car. Can you say project?

Also look up DIY short shift kit on tdiclub. Might save u a few pennies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just installed the diesel geek short shifter. Amazing piece of quality to say the least. Its extremely nice and works great!! My friend with another brand of short shifter in his vr6 likes mine better due to the side to side reduction. I really like it.

Got my xs battery installed also. Lights don't seem to dim anymore.

Just waiting for more parts to show up now. :D

I'm trying to limit my body roll that the car is showing. I enjoy curvy roads and in eastern ohio/ western pa we have a few.

This topic has been covered multiple times on tdiclub.

Yeah ive read it but never seen that much body roll when your that low with good bushing and struts. If you ever get a chance to throw some koni coilovers on you should!!! loved mine and know another guy in town running them.

If I decide to go to coilovers later it will definitely be koni or h&r. I hear great things from both.

But today I wanted to try my hand at wrapping plastic. What do you guys think?

IMG_20140325_210138461.jpg

Back