2000 Jetta ALH build thread

I can't view that link but I would say good deal if there is papers to go along.

I will also get a quote and some more pics of the wheels and tires for you.

No papers to prove...good deal anymore then???? I really don't want to do a manual swap on it for 4 grand when I can buy a manual all day long for a grand more...

I hate hunting for these little buggers ha...takes forever to find the right one..

It took me 4 months to find mine. It was on Craigslist for me and I traveled 3 hours just after seeing 3 cell phone pics on a flip phone lol.

haha ive been scouring forums, ebay, auto trader, cars.com, andcraigslist and everytime I call about one its either sold, pending, or seller failed to mention it was an automatic..i seriouslywish the auto wasn't so unforgiving because there isa gorgeous spice red 04 loaded down with black leather that id love to get my hands on..but there again its not a 5spd..sooooo ya. whats the deal with the PassatTDi's??? any good seen several cheap ones on craigslist..

Passats are good but your not at the mileage curve again. How far are you willing to drive for a car? Or are you willing to fly to one and drive it home.

ahh true. and ya id prefer to drive that way if the car is roached like several of them turn out to be..then I can just drive back home instead of spending another $400 for a return flight home..

I will keep my eye out. Hell I'm looking for another one now. But I want to find one with a broken belt and needing engine work. Easier that way for what I Wanna do.

haha ive been scouring forums, ebay, auto trader, cars.com, andcraigslist and everytime I call about one its either sold, pending, or seller failed to mention it was an automatic..i seriouslywish the auto wasn't so unforgiving because there isa gorgeous spice red 04 loaded down with black leather that id love to get my hands on..but there again its not a 5spd..sooooo ya. whats the deal with the PassatTDi's??? any good seen several cheap ones on craigslist..

Call this guy. http://www.dieseltrux.com/ 260-496-9997 he is in Ft. Wayne, IN .I have no clue where your from but he always has several on his lot and moves a bunch of them. Id guess the cars on his web site are not what he has on his lot. Give him a call and find out. Oh show up with cash and he will drop a good bit in price!

Id take a Passat over a Jetta. IMHO Jetta's are cheaply built cars and the Passat's are a lot nicer.

Last edited:
Of.course he has a wrecked one for 2k.

Adam, you need to look at it for me and see what the damage done to it is. If its just cosmetic I'm game.

That diesel trux place. Can you go look at the 2000 TDI black manual that he has for me?

Or that too far to drive for you.

Careful with that dieseltrux place. Ive been told he sells a lot of junk.

Well its a wrecked Jetta so I know what it is. I'm looking for an either wrecked but not major destroyed or one with head issues. I only need a good block for what I want to do.

Sent you a text adam.

Back