2000 Jetta ALH build thread

Sorry that would be for the 7-8 build. For the smaller build you would prob look at 1800-3k. Depends if you have to do a manual swap and if you go with a 5 or 6 speed. Just build it right the first time and your good. If you have a lower mileage engine, myself I'd run a stock bottom end with the 17/22 set up. Saves a bunch of money and they can handle to boost

There you go then. Put a good south bend single mass kit in, and replace the 5th gear when it lets go. Cam, turbo, tune, and injectors and have fun with good mileage. Only reason I preach 6speeds are the mileage and strength.

There you go then. Put a good south bend single mass kit in, and replace the 5th gear when it lets go. Cam, turbo, tune, and injectors and have fun with good mileage. Only reason I preach 6speeds are the mileage and strength.

What about my pump?
Here that most try to find an Auto pump.

Yes and auto pump is an 11mm. Would be nice. Also a lift pump from an mk5 body helps. Direct swap for your sending unit just needs a key on power and ground added.

Last edited:
I'm honestly (if i do it) looking for someone with the knowledge to just get the parts and do the build ... I simply don't have the time really...

Once I decide on it, i'll turn it over to whomever and pick it up when done... lol
I know it sounds lazy, but hey.. Not time to do research and learn to wrench on it, and much less the time to actually do it..

I can help you David .

We are doing a 04 right now. 17/22, large nozzles, stage 3 tune and is still running a stock clutch.

Me personally I'm debating on selling my truck and buying another car to build. We have been in contact with dark side on their gtb turbos but for me I cant justify it when I'm getting a billet wheel hybrid 17/22 for under 1k. Been thinking about twins with a hx35 or 40

Lol yea 04/05 not mk5. Oops. Twins sound like fun. Whitbread did a set when he rented my place, not sure what he used but I just remember see 60lbs lol. All wheel drive wagon to boot lol.

Thank you both for the help , ideas, and offering to help..

Now I just need to decide :)

What ever you decide to do at least your starting with a good budget. A lot of people jump in and get to far into it and cant finish there projects. Nice to see someone doing all there research and price ideas before jumping head first! Good luck on the build!

Well car runs a lot better. It's now smoking a little too much for me. Time to retune it or turbo upgrade it. I do have a future vnt17/22 with a 3 bar map I'm going to do on it just to clean up the smoke issue. The vnt15 can't burn it all.

The diesel geek panzer skid plate with the FMJ kit was ordered Friday. I should have it Wednesday so I can do it this weekend along with the oil pan swap. When in there I'm going to check the bearings to see how the engine is along with the block lining.

go with an s7 borg warner and does the pump have to be recalibrated electronically ?

Whenever I did my o ring in the pump I set my pump timing. Mine wasn't a monsoon but I got the adapter on eBay.

Here is a few quick pics

Memphis m class 1100 watt amp powering my mojo 10in sub and a power reference 450 watt amp powering the 4 component 5.25 setups.

Its getting there
IMG_20131211_173755366.jpg

IMG_20131211_173834474.jpg

Last edited:
They are in the general diesel area on the for sale.

Asking $1000 plus shipping for wheels and tires. Or $500 for just the wheels plus ship. I can freight them pretty cheap. For example I sent a trans to Cali for 200.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152214359412275&set=gm.478610512260321&type=1&theater

2001 VW Jetta TDI 197,xxx miles, 1.9L Turbo Diesel. Automatic. Lots of new parts, new water pump, new injection pump, new glow plugs, new master cylinder, new pads and rotors, new timing belt, tires are good shape, car run and drives great. 45-50 MPG $3700 Good Hope IL 309-255-1370

found this one about 15 mins from my house..watcha think? I HATE that it has an auto...however the car is cheap enough I could a 6spd swap down the road if trans went out..watcha think hes at about 3500 on the car, has had qute a few new parts installed recently..and dustin PM me you rbottom dollar on wheels n tires shipped to 61480..

Last edited:
Back