2010 NHRDA Rules Announcment

After reviewing the rules and reading the questions stated the rules will be amended. We see now that what we were trying to say did not come across clearly. We were trying to say no fuel cells in the bed. The "no fuel cell" will be removed from the rules and they will read Fuel Tank Must be in Stock Location.

That is reasonable. Thanks.

Sorry to belabor this, but I (being the thick headed one) need to clarify this. Before I put a bunch of effort in and end up with a mess for no reason. If I mount a fuel cell in the stock (or as close to as possible location that is a pass (obviously cant have it so that it would touch the driveshaft etc. And no hood stack, but the stacks I had last year in the box are good?

Can the fuel cell be on the outside of the frame rail (where alot of people mount their fass? Or as I would imagine then this wouldnt be stock mounting location... just want to make sure sorry.

Kevin

Sorry to belabor this, but I (being the thick headed one) need to clarify this. Before I put a bunch of effort in and end up with a mess for no reason. If I mount a fuel cell in the stock (or as close to as possible location that is a pass (obviously cant have it so that it would touch the driveshaft etc. And no hood stack, but the stacks I had last year in the box are good?

Can the fuel cell be on the outside of the frame rail (where alot of people mount their fass? Or as I would imagine then this wouldnt be stock mounting location... just want to make sure sorry.

Kevin

Kevin good question about the fuel cell outside the frame rail, but the way I read it that would not be a stock location for the fuel cell at it was orginally in the year and model of the truck, says in the same location as the stock fuel tank or words to that effect. Your stacks are OK lots of street trucks run stacks. A clearification on the fuel cell location is a good idea. My first feeling would be no, but what the hell do I know?

If I mount it totally in the stock location, its going to be a bear to fill,, but if I mount it on the outside of the rail not so bad with a funnel... I havent had a chance to do any measuring yet, so this all might be mute... just a brainchild I had today while I was on hold for the 500th time

Kevin good question about the fuel cell outside the frame rail, but the way I read it that would not be a stock location for the fuel cell at it was orginally in the year and model of the truck, says in the same location as the stock fuel tank or words to that effect. Your stacks are OK lots of street trucks run stacks. A clearification on the fuel cell location is a good idea. My first feeling would be no, but what the hell do I know?

Correct, the fuel tank needs to be in the stock location, so yes it must be inside the frame rail.

Last edited:
Cut a fuel door in the floor of your box with a flip up lid then you will be able to fill your cell with it mounted in the stock location

Back