2010 NHRDA Rules Announcment

i agreee 100%, on another note i no winning isnt everything but the thought and hope to win def drives people to race, with that said forcing trucks to make the jump to prostreet who are running mid tens to really low 11's in my op will discourage them from racing how can you compete with Seth and Dennis these trucks run 9's and some guys just dont have or will not invest that kind of money into the truck.

So hopefully you can see the quandry for a select few of us.

But I will still be there, I will still race, and I will still have fun!!! I do understand that it is hard to appease everyone, and this time I happen to be in that crowd! This is the trials and tribulations of building a sport

I know you can't please everyone as many more have stated...I am still building my truck, so it will get built to rules as they continue to change...I guess.

BUT, I'm building a 1/2 ton, 4 linked truck, that will be safe for 8's...but my goal for my first year is run 10's, and don't wreck...by the time I'm actually able to be competitive with the trucks running 9's, they'll be in the 8's...some people won't have this opinion, or a truck even capable of going this fast reliably.

My personal opinion, is I just wanna run and go fast... if I'm not competitive, I'll run as long as no one says I'm a danger to the other racers. Sooner or later someone will break, and I might get a win. I'm just in it because I love making these diesels run, and showing the morons around here what they can really do!

Chris

I just don't understand why we are trying to re-invent the wheel here?:confused:

NHRA has been around for what, 40+ years? Racing is racing :shrug:

NHRA Super Street works great and NHRDA's Mission Statement states they are a diesel org. following the NHRA?

Shawn it isnt that I am bent about the class, but the battery and fuel cell is what kicks me out. I basically have a truck that is perfectly suited for that class. But in my effort to become more reliable and still stay competitive I needed to lose weight, and also move ballast around (as I dont want to run slicks either ) I also went to a fuel cell for safety and weight. Unfortunately these exclude me from super street. But as I said I am capable of running ET Brackets and that is what I will do. I am just worried about running against real slow trucks, but I will figure that out as I go

Kevin, run pro street. a 10.0 truck that can run 5-6rounds is going to be hard to beat. Yes at finals when all the big trucks show up you will be in tough, but there are rarely enough pro street trucks at an event to push the durability of the front running trucks.

i agreee 100%, on another note i no winning isnt everything but the thought and hope to win def drives people to race, with that said forcing trucks to make the jump to prostreet who are running mid tens to really low 11's in my op will discourage them from racing how can you compete with Seth and Dennis these trucks run 9's and some guys just dont have or will not invest that kind of money into the truck.

You compete the same way they expect the 12 & 11 second guys to compete in SS. Hope that someone breaks. Shouldn't be a problem.:poke:

I have seen many (if not all) of the "top" trucks race, and most of them have a hard time cutting a light. I have seen many of them cutting RTs close to a second in eliminations. Maybe it's not a coincidence, but Max'D Out and CT Performance trucks also cut really good lights. Aside from those two, you probably stand a decent chance against a truck running a half second quicker, if you can cut a light on the pro tree.

For ET racing, the fast trucks may have to learn to spool while staged. I could see finding a boost level they could stage at (say 1/3 to 1/2 of normal launch boost) that does not heat the converter nearly as much, but they could spool the rest of the way after seeing their opponent's light come down. While I don't have to worry about boost level, I do a similar thing in my low-9-second gasser, since I bracket race it in Pro ET which includes cars as slow as 13.99. I usually do the math in my head, and figure out how long of a count I need after the other guy launches, then count that out and come up on the converter.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Isnt there a cap on NHDRA brackets ? I thought in bracket class you couldnt run faster than 12.0 ?

I have seen many (if not all) of the "top" trucks race, and most of them have a hard time cutting a light. I have seen many of them cutting RTs close to a second in eliminations. Maybe it's not a coincidence, but Max'D Out and CT Performance trucks also cut really good lights. Aside from those two, you probably stand a decent chance against a truck running a half second quicker, if you can cut a light on the pro tree.

Worst light I saw @ Schied in elims was like a .6x, and the average all day was like .2ish.

Isnt there a cap on NHDRA brackets ? I thought in bracket class you couldnt run faster than 12.0 ?

Here is the rules for brackets from NHRDA's site for those thinking of stepping down to brackets .

NHRDA Sportsman ET
» Bracket class with a Sportsman Tree, Laddered by Reaction Time
» Helmet require if faster than 13.99 (Note: Some track require helmets for ALL racers)
» Must dial between 12.00 and 19.99 second ET
» Must meet NHRA tech and safety requirements for MPH and ET

I just don't understand why we are trying to re-invent the wheel here?:confused:

NHRA has been around for what, 40+ years? Racing is racing :shrug:

NHRA Super Street works great and NHRDA's Mission Statement states they are a diesel org. following the NHRA?

following NHRA safety rules.

Here is the rules for brackets from NHRDA's site for those thinking of stepping down to brackets .

NHRDA Sportsman ET
» Helmet require if faster than 13.99 (Note: Some track require helmets for ALL racers)

Well, that really throws me for a loop then.. that would be a lot of sand baggin to get to a 12,,, LOL... now what do I do, Im too far gone to play in super street, not far enough gone to really play in pro street. and too fast for et brackets...... hmmm this is going to be hard. maybe I will just park the dodge and race the ford this year...

NHRDA Sportsman ET

The rules announcement earilier in this post did not list that. The NHRDA rules page on their web site appears to not have been updated yet. I noticed they still have the old rules for Super Street listed...

Paul

RulesAnnounc-1b.jpg

RulesAnnounc-2c.jpg

The website will be updated after the 1st of the year .

Thanks

Shawn, I stayed home this past year cause my truck was apart, not going to do that again,, LOL, that made for a long summer

following NHRA safety rules.

No **** Sherlock :headbang:

Their original mission statement said what I said.

Regardless, my personal opinion is the new rules for Super Street are not the right approach. It's not going to stop me from showing up and racing though.

I don't think the gap in classes was really addressed . The Gap in classes thread had allot of great ideas but it looks like they were ignored. Yes you change a couple of things in hopes of pushing the purpose built trucks up a class but you are still going to have purpose built trucks dominate Super Street, all they have to do is change the fuel tank. The guys with the deepest pockets win, bottom line, who can afford to go the fastest. And you still don't have a place for the fast daily drivers the guys that don't want to put the cage in the truck but runs very close to the limit. Basically you have 2 Pro Street classes. Make one Pro Street class and one medium level class even with a 10.9 index a mid 11 sec truck could compete.

No **** Sherlock :headbang:

Their original mission statement said what I said.

Regardless, my personal opinion is the new rules for Super Street are not the right approach. It's not going to stop me from showing up and racing though.

you seem to be one of the people whos vag hurts the worst over this. They made rules to try and help those that thought the gap in super street was big. If you could field a race with 16 trucks to run the different index's as they do in nhra that would be different. But there just are not enough trucks out there to do this yet. They left the option for those who can't compete in pro street, but not legal for super street to be able to run bracket. Yeah there is that chance of having to sit at the tree for a while. I have been there dial in fallon 13.45 and match up 2nd round with a truck dialing 18.9. But that is all part of racing. Super street is still heads up and not and index where you might run faster than the time but not fast enough to move up so you have to fender race the end or on the brakes that sucks. If your not happy with the rules get more involved and find a better way. Racing has always been an expensive sort. I know money is tight, but they did what they thought was best.

you seem to be one of the people whos vag hurts the worst over this. They made rules to try and help those that thought the gap in super street was big. If you could field a race with 16 trucks to run the different index's as they do in nhra that would be different. But there just are not enough trucks out there to do this yet. They left the option for those who can't compete in pro street, but not legal for super street to be able to run bracket. Yeah there is that chance of having to sit at the tree for a while. I have been there dial in fallon 13.45 and match up 2nd round with a truck dialing 18.9. But that is all part of racing. Super street is still heads up and not and index where you might run faster than the time but not fast enough to move up so you have to fender race the end or on the brakes that sucks. If your not happy with the rules get more involved and find a better way. Racing has always been an expensive sort. I know money is tight, but they did what they thought was best.

First off, I am involved. I'm a paid member, attend races and race in Super Street. And my "vag" is not hurt. :rolleyes:

Second, looks like you race ET, which is fine. When you decide to run Super Street, feel free to post your opinions on the rules in that class.

Third, the new rules do not address the "Gap" trucks IMO. I am voicing my opinion because I happen to be one of those. My truck ran 11.3 - 11.5 in the 2009 events. It runs faster now. The way the rules are now, I have to run Pro Street, which is fine if that is the way it has to be. But there will still be a vast difference in times being run in Super Street with the new rules so again, IMO it wasn't really addressed.

Back