2010 NHRDA Rules Announcment

Rules

I don't have a problem with anyone in the class. I think(guess) the want a street apperance with the trucks. That may be were the rules come from not sure but that's my guess. In heads up racing it's going to take a purpose built truck or car to compete at the top. It's the nature of heads up racing. How many 2.6 pulling trucks do you really think could pull a load down the highway? It's a "street class also". Jeff

So you can run a roll bar in this street truck class???? Seems to me that once you go rollbar, battery location, and fuel cell don't much matter....

I don't see in the Super Street rules, but can you run a car if it makes the weight and suspension rules?

That would be the ticket, 5,000lbs, duramax powered chevelle with ballast where you need it.

Maybe next year we can add it has to be in a chassis that was OEM for diesel and we'll get a dmax in a Jeep Liberty:hehe::bang*bdh*

So you can run a roll bar in this street truck class???? Seems to me that once you go rollbar, battery location, and fuel cell don't much matter....

i agree..im not sure why...i should be happy that it is saving me some money from buying a fuel cell

you just don't get it. There are not enough trucks to make a ton of index racing classes. You all wanted the prostreet trucks out of superstreet and this is the best way to do it. The rules are meant to make that happen. If your having a problem with fuel during launch sump the stock tank or move up a class. The rollbar is a nhra mandated tech item once you hit 11.49 or faster.

you just don't get it. There are not enough trucks to make a ton of index racing classes. You all wanted the prostreet trucks out of superstreet and this is the best way to do it. The rules are meant to make that happen. If your having a problem with fuel during launch sump the stock tank or move up a class. The rollbar is a nhra mandated tech item once you hit 11.49 or faster.

:clap: :clap:

The sump in a stock tank is more dangerous than a fuel cell. Battery placement may not seem like a big deal (and it's not for most of the trucks running a basically stock under hood set-up) but some trucks were planned for no under hood battery when built so it's much more of an issue. So basically these rule changes are a step back in safety for alot of trucks. Pretty bold statement to tell someone to move up in a class (huge diff. in money to be competitive between the 2) or reduce the safety in the vehicle. Seems like it will make a lot of people take a step backward. Sure way to kill it in it's infancy IMO.

The sump in a stock tank is more dangerous than a fuel cell. Battery placement may not seem like a big deal (and it's not for most of the trucks running a basically stock under hood set-up) but some trucks were planned for no under hood battery when built so it's much more of an issue. So basically these rule changes are a step back in safety for alot of trucks. Pretty bold statement to tell someone to move up in a class (huge diff. in money to be competitive between the 2) or reduce the safety in the vehicle. Seems like it will make a lot of people take a step backward. Sure way to kill it in it's infancy IMO.

i agreee 100%, on another note i no winning isnt everything but the thought and hope to win def drives people to race, with that said forcing trucks to make the jump to prostreet who are running mid tens to really low 11's in my op will discourage them from racing how can you compete with Seth and Dennis these trucks run 9's and some guys just dont have or will not invest that kind of money into the truck.

i agreee 100%, on another note i no winning isnt everything but the thought and hope to win def drives people to race, with that said forcing trucks to make the jump to prostreet who are running mid tens to really low 11's in my op will discourage them from racing how can you compete with Seth and Dennis these trucks run 9's and some guys just dont have or will not invest that kind of money into the truck.

It's just a battery and a fuel cell. Plus if you know how to drive you could race ET brakets with what you have. Man up or step down. Rules wont make everyone happy.

Rules are rules. Good ones or not. So in your years of expertise on this subject answer this. How does it make sense to allow/require a truck to have a roll cage (very dangerous in a street vehicle) but it must have the battery under the hood and no fuel cell? And it's pretty clear your reading comprehension is low for the "just a battery" comment. It would cost me hours and hours of re-fabbing A LOT of one off parts to fit just 1 small battery under the hood. To what end advantage? Please enlighten us.

There is always someone that is going to be faster in the country or on the "net", but will they be at your event? Can they make pass after pass needed to win that event on that day? Can they make enough events to win a series? My fondest races are being the underdog.

Sure would be sweet to have everyone that is posting in the rules threads around the different forums really show up to race. The classes would be packed!

I hear what everyone is saying. And please understand my comments here. For the average guy, we are going to have to go to et brackets. My reason is that I do not have enough money to compete with a mid 9 second truck. Would my truck possibly run there, sure, but it would be broken alot and I cant afford to fix it all the time. I was hoping that the rules were going to stay the same for super street this year as the low to mid 10 seconds are do-able with a minimum of breakage.
But as I said before, I will go to et bracket which is good too, except for 2 things. One, being the most important, is that I will be grouped in with guys that could be running as slow as 20 seconds, I will be running 10's can you imagine how my tc will look after 1 weekend? 10 seconds or even 3 is a long time to be up on the turbos, I might have to fill the bed of my truck with tranny coolers.... You cant wait for the lights to start coming down to start spooling when you run bigger turbos.

So hopefully you can see the quandry for a select few of us.

But I will still be there, I will still race, and I will still have fun!!! I do understand that it is hard to appease everyone, and this time I happen to be in that crowd! This is the trials and tribulations of building a sport

98% of all the trucks that ran in SS for 2009 ran 11.4 to 12.2. With the new rules you are going to have less than 1% running in the 10's or faster.

Exactly why the class should have been Indexed with the 2009 rules IMO!

Just because an Index of say 10.90 was added, would not mean EVERYONE has to run 10.90:bang It just means you couldn't run faster than that and if you wanted to, step up in class. Indexing Super Street with the 2009 rules would have allowed everyone that raced in Super Street last year, race this year without "stunting" the growth of their builds. After they "cut their teeth" on their builds and driving, they could step up to Pro Street if they felt the Index was slowing them down.

Just my opinion and like I've said before, regardless I will still show up and race wherever my truck fits!

Just because an Index of say 10.90 was added, would not mean EVERYONE has to run 10.90:bang It just means you couldn't run faster than that and if you wanted to, step up in class. Indexing Super Street with the 2009 rules would have allowed everyone that raced in Super Street last year, race this year without "stunting" the growth of their builds. After they "cut their teeth" on their builds and driving, they could step up to Pro Street if they felt the Index was slowing them down.

^^^^X2 Well said Greg. :Cheer:

I was told by a NHRDA person a day before the Dec 3 imput deadline that response had been 2 to 1 for an index class. That must mean our imput was very important in their decision making. :bang

You know what guys, my hat's off to max'd out racing and CT performance, these are two teams that were leading the way in super street, people complained and the rules got changes and these are like I said two teams leading the way and are now moved to pro street or they need to spend money and time to go back to super street. We don't hear them complaining. These are the new rules and there adjusting to them. The rest of us should follow suit and adjust our programs to the new rules. Complaining about them, what you like or dislike isn't going to change anything now. Think back to the one or two events you showed up at out of 30 they had and how many super street and pro street trucks were there. Last year at the NADP event there were 11 trucks running 10's in superstreet and a 12.2 ford 6.4 took second place. Everyone is mad about the gap. NADM has a 12 index and then you have togo to pro street which only runs 1/8 mile. There's a bigger gap there, so why is everyone so bent about the super street class in NHRDA. At least its a heads up class for trucks faster than 12. My two cents.

Back