2010 Ozark Blackouts- Rogersville, Mo

Direct injected pulling 2nd round in 4x4
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9fohtVfc04"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9fohtVfc04[/ame]

Good pull, only thing i would do different is get rid of the gas classes. I left after 2.6 didn't want to stay up all night.

Dan,Thanks for not putting up my awful hook in the 2.6 (one of my worst ever). Caused me to slip from #1 in points to #2 in 2.6. Luckily I managed #2 in points in2.8. And, I believe #1 in the drags.

I ran Bracket Race, Fastest 16 Heads Up, 2.6 Sled & 2.8 Sled this year at all four of the events. Fortunately was able to take home 2 to 4 payouts each of the Saturdays. Made some new friends! Had a great time! My 7 yr old Silverado has held up nicely. I finally broke something this year after 5 pulling seasons-the right front axle. HA!

Seriously though I thought the events went well. I know the numbers dropped of later in the year for the drag racing, but the pull numbers remained good all year.

It was nice to see some of the Spring River guys after not pulling any Spring River Pulls this year. I hope more pullers and racers will participate regularly next year. The Chance brothers want to continue to promote and improve the pulls at Rogersville and they are always open to suggestions for both the Drags and the Pulls.

Hats off to the Ballie crew for a lot of hard work all year! I regularly saw Jim working the track while i was drag racing in the afternoons!

I would put up videos but I can't get my HD Camcorder to communicate with my computer right now.

Cheers,
Craig

When i started to question the tech crew was when robs truck came through line and no one bothered to open his hood... and when i noticed steves truck didnt have a radiator.

Actually my truck got teched by a bailles guy, the hood got popped around the corner as the gas trucks were still lined up at that point. I was mainly there to try different stuff for next year anyways, different charger, different start out gear, after it didnt light for 100ft i shouldve turned the hook down, but didnt want to suck in all that dust again. I wasnt really worried about it.

Last edited:
I agree that the written rules should have applied, however there were many trucks that had one thing or another that would not have passed. There were several people there that were just wanting one last hook for the year to see how they ran. Very Sorry if anyone took offense to us helping Ballie Diesel. They are very nice people and asked if we would help tech the vehicles. We were very easy on all of the trucks but again was also fair.

Tim

Dan,Thanks for not putting up my awful hook in the 2.6 (one of my worst ever). Caused me to slip from #1 in points to #2 in 2.6. Luckily I managed #2 in points in2.8. And, I believe #1 in the drags.

I ran Bracket Race, Fastest 16 Heads Up, 2.6 Sled & 2.8 Sled this year at all four of the events. Fortunately was able to take home 2 to 4 payouts each of the Saturdays. Made some new friends! Had a great time! My 7 yr old Silverado has held up nicely. I finally broke something this year after 5 pulling seasons-the right front axle. HA!

Seriously though I thought the events went well. I know the numbers dropped of later in the year for the drag racing, but the pull numbers remained good all year.

It was nice to see some of the Spring River guys after not pulling any Spring River Pulls this year. I hope more pullers and racers will participate regularly next year. The Chance brothers want to continue to promote and improve the pulls at Rogersville and they are always open to suggestions for both the Drags and the Pulls.

Hats off to the Ballie crew for a lot of hard work all year! I regularly saw Jim working the track while i was drag racing in the afternoons!

I would put up videos but I can't get my HD Camcorder to communicate with my computer right now.

Cheers,
Craig

Sorry for not getting your hook Craig. It is hard to get them all.

One suggestion would be to explain to the announcer the difference of the points series and individual events.

Also some upgrades to the PA system might help also.

I am one that likes to have rules and follow them and I agree if the written rule says something then that is the way it should be. But, I also understand that this was a new thing the Chance brothers wanted to try and they had absolute zero experience with truck pulling. They are all old drag racers. So Jim agreed to help them.

They were trying to be as fair as possible and let everyone hook. And, there were a lot of parts on trucks that showed up that would have exempted them from pulling if the written rules were followed to a T. As an employer of 35 and used to dealing with the customer I can understand and appreciate there attempt to make everyone happy. A very tuff task in any endeavor!

Sorry for not getting your hook Craig. It is hard to get them all.

One suggestion would be to explain to the announcer the difference of the points series and individual events.

Also some upgrades to the PA system might help also.

Yes the PA is awful!

We were told at the begining of the season that they had plans to put in PA, Lights, Concessions, Scoring Tower and improved Pits. Hope it all pans out.

I agree a PA upgrade is needed and I think will happen. Also I am all for the tractors pulling but get tired of gasers. I think that was to draw intrest and they may be cut out next year if there are more diesels.

It was a great time. Everyone was nice, and it seemed to go very smoothly. Baillies Did a great Job and we will be there next year for sure.

Tim

I got there about 7;30 and only stayed for the stock class and the 2wd pullers (gf was *****ing and moaning) I did manage to see the white dmax almost snap his tie rods though lol.

I'll post some pics tomorrow.

ha yea i remember seeing the videos. Maybe next year. Gonna try and make it a yearly vacation. God i hate being back in Jersey.

Cant say I like Indiana better than MO either. Until of course pulling season comes around! If you stuck around another week you could have got you some white tail!!! Opening weekend coming up!

Back