2011 VW TDI DSG with Nav and apperance package

ever had any problem of leaving the hood stack open like that when towing? when i was at cummins we had a few turbos fail on brand new trucks and it was because when they were towed the stack created a low pressure and the turbo spun with no oil.

back on subject love the car looks great my 06 has treated me great and leaves no oil spots...

Hope my stepmoms brand new Audi Q7 TDI doesn't start leaking like roachie says. 80k out the door. Been great so far though. 23mpg or so out of a big SUV. And the looks are killer. I've been looking at getting an A4 for myself here soon. 2.0T Quattro 6 speed.

Last edited:
ever had any problem of leaving the hood stack open like that when towing? when i was at cummins we had a few turbos fail on brand new trucks and it was because when they were towed the stack created a low pressure and the turbo spun with no oil.

back on subject love the car looks great my 06 has treated me great and leaves no oil spots...

None, I zip tie a rag over the pipe off the turbo that exstends up the stack to prevent the inductor effect.

BBD

Scott,

Patty and I have one just like yours, same color, trans, year etc. We only have ~3100 miles on it so far, but it has been trouble free. We went to the coast a couple weekends ago, and it got 49.6 mph on the way there. A little less with Patty driving home... :) She likes the sport mode...

Paul

Nice car :D 97k on my gf's '06, she's only had it since 80k though, Kerma tuned since day 3 of her owning it. It is on it's 3rd dual mass flywheel (all under warranty) but other than that and the mk5 body/ice problems, it's been a nice car to drive. The timing belt is a pretty big job, but not bad for once every 100k.

I'd change your DSG fluid as often as it says in the manual if not 10k or so sooner, esp if it's tuned. It's not that bad of a job with VCDS and is only around ~$120 for the fluid and filter.

Damn 49.6 thats good news Paul, hopefully I will get close to the same :)

heybob: thanks for the tips much appriciated!!!

Do you have to take these things back to the dealer for regular oil changes or can you do it yourself with out voiding the warranty?

So the important questions: how fast is it, how fast will it be, and when are you scheduling it's first hook?

Great car man! Congrates!

I was looking at VW and Audi diesels a few days ago, nice cars. If I had my pick id go for a Audi Q7 TDI 3.0L V-6. I WISH we could have gotten a crack at the Audi Q7 V-12 TDI in the U.S. ...damn emissions BS.

Im always thinking about getting a 2004-2006 VW Touareg V-10 TDI.

Or a BMW 335d.

On the leaking Euro's note: Our 2007 BMW 335xi (gasser) has 100K on it (long ass commute!!) and doesnt leak a drop of oil. It does use (burn) some oil though, every once in a while the computer says "hey dumb ass add a quart of oil".

Ask me how many wheels and tires we've gone through on it though. ....8 tires...8 wheels... god I hate these damn roads:nail:.

-Also, does anyone else find the picture with The Big Bad Dodge on the trailer, all covered up weird? I mean after seeing it run (INSANE).. its like seeing a T-Rex in a cage:rockwoot:. I mean this in a good way (internent cant convey tone/emotion).

I was looking at VW and Audi diesels a few days ago, nice cars. If I had my pick id go for a Audi Q7 TDI 3.0L V-6. I WISH we could have gotten a crack at the Audi Q7 V-12 TDI in the U.S. ...damn emissions BS.
Dude tell me about it, my parents love their 2011 Audi Q7 TDI V-6, got it fully loaded in white with black leather, and S-Line. They love the car but wished it had more get up and go, looking at tunes and such i keep coming across the tunes for v-12 that take it from 500 to 550hp. So love that thing!

Dude tell me about it, my parents love their 2011 Audi Q7 TDI V-6, got it fully loaded in white with black leather, and S-Line. They love the car but wished it had more get up and go, looking at tunes and such i keep coming across the tunes for v-12 that take it from 500 to 550hp. So love that thing!

Sweet!

Is there anyone doing performance tuning for the 3.0L V-6 TDI (in U.S. or Europe)??

Im sure it has WAY more in it than the way it comes from the factory with the emissions tune and emissions equip.. Damn id love to find out!

I'm waiting on KEM performance to release their stuff, otherwise other tuners have said, sure pull your ECM and send it my way, not sure if I feel too comfortable pulling the ECM out of a $80k brand new Audi and sending it off to be broken open and such and modded, and risk losing warranty. I'd rather hopefully be able to plug in a tuner and do a download, so i can set it back to stock to take in for warranty/service work. Most tuners say i'd get around a 40-50hp gain on the 3.0 TDI

The VW was more in my price range Audi and BMW's :)

Here are some more pictures I took today after washing it for the first time. The photos don’t do the color justice it’s the dark gray metallic at looks great up close. Last weekend I had the 3M VentureShield paint protection film (Clear Bra) full front kit applied and added door edges, door sills, rear cargo area, and headlights. Also had the windows tinted with Formula One, Pinnacle 5 series tint, I went Limo on all the rear windows and 20% on the front driver and passenger windows, its much cooler inside now after being out in the sun all day.

261441_2068340222313_1059033437_2278714_3897868_n.jpg

267775_2068339822303_1059033437_2278712_6292368_n.jpg

268022_2068341982357_1059033437_2278722_7955215_n.jpg

263990_2068341302340_1059033437_2278719_2654442_n.jpg

264031_2068340902330_1059033437_2278717_2263542_n.jpg

BBD

Thanks, Just back and fourth to work every day, 1 hour each way, some times longer on the way home depending on the traffic.

BBD

Have done any hand calculated fuel mileage tests yet? Always interesting to see what a vehicles real world fuel mileage numbers.

Back