2015 ppl 2.6 rules

Kind of hard not to pull or be involved with ppl since they are on a mission to take over all the pulls in the area. I may not have pulled cotpc but when i hear someone say or post people should use their rules i take notice. I follow more than just trucks and not just in this country.
What PPL hooks have you made in the last two years?

What PPL hooks have you made in the last two years?

So thats all you can come up why rules dont get enforced. I was asked to tech with ppl western series for this season but declined because I'm not going to be told to let trucks or tractors to pass tech when they dont meet the rules. When they start enforcing the rules they set i will consider pulling my own truck/tractor with them again.

So thats all you can come up why rules dont get enforced. I was asked to tech with ppl western series for this season but declined because I'm not going to be told to let trucks or tractors to pass tech when they dont meet the rules. When they start enforcing the rules they set i will consider pulling my own truck/tractor with them again.
I just wanted to hear you say you didn't pull PPL.....carry on.

You can only stroke a Cummins crank but so much. I also believe there is CI rule for 3.0.
Destroked has a $13k stroked crank.
All the deck plate motors I know of are sleeved 6.7 blocks with either 5.9 or 6.7 cranks.

If you went to a 2.375" rod journal how big of a stroke could you get in it? I'm not saying the deck plate motors do make more power. I believe that they could. Whether right or wrong most people see deckplate
motors as being "big" motors. I sure would hate to know I spent 10k on something for absolutely no power gain at all. LOL

If you went to a 2.375" rod journal how big of a stroke could you get in it? I'm not saying the deck plate motors do make more power. I believe that they could. Whether right or wrong most people see deckplate
motors as being "big" motors. I sure would hate to know I spent 10k on something for absolutely no power gain at all. LOL

No power gain deck plate kits is exactly what is being sold. Call Haisley and Patrick O'bryant. Deck is ment to stop the current blocks from failure.

No power gain deck plate kits is exactly what is being sold. Call Haisley and Patrick O'bryant. Deck is ment to stop the current blocks from failure.

Asking because I'm curious and I'm sure you've checked into it more than me. If you was to buy a long block from a specific company how many hooks are they thinking they can live with today's Turbos? I'm asking because I've heard of some rod bearing failures happening now. Could be just hear say though. How many hooks do they recommend before "checking things out". I'm sure most people will not just run a engine like these to failure, then build another one.

Asking because I'm curious and I'm sure you've checked into it more than me. If you was to buy a long block from a specific company how many hooks are they thinking they can live with today's Turbos? I'm asking because I've heard of some rod bearing failures happening now. Could be just hear say though. How many hooks do they recommend before "checking things out". I'm sure most people will not just run a engine like these to failure, then build another one.

Several nice things a deck plate and sleeved motor does.
Longer rods=better rod angle less prone to breakage.
No more pulling the block to get the cylinders honed or cleaned up. Just replace worn sleeves.
I know Patrick uses a reusable copper head gasket. Cost of pulling the head is less, all you need is $50 worth of fire rings.

I've been told they should last several seasons. My motor will always be checked and freshend up in winters. Bearings are cheap.

On edit:
Rod bearing failures have deminished with an external oil pump setup at 120 psi.

Last edited:
Several nice things a deck plate and sleeved motor does.
Longer rods=better rod angle less prone to breakage.
No more pulling the block to get the cylinders honed or cleaned up. Just replace worn sleeves.
I know Patrick uses a reusable copper head gasket. Cost of pulling the head is less, all you need is $50 worth of fire rings.

I've been told they should last several seasons. My motor will always be checked and freshend up in winters. Bearings are cheap.

On edit:
Rod bearing failures have deminished with an external oil pump setup at 120 psi.

Sorry once again don't take this question wrong. How many hooks do you plan on making next year? Or how many did you this year? I know ppl only had 17 3.0 hooks this year. We made over 40+. Also your right it is better to freshen every winter. My worry was is they wouldn't make it that long

Sorry once again don't take this question wrong. How many hooks do you plan on making next year? Or how many did you this year? I know ppl only had 17 3.0 hooks this year. We made over 40+. Also your right it is better to freshen every winter. My worry was is they wouldn't make it that long

Well my season was cut short due to a split block. You can view my thread in the carnage section. Main reason why I'm building a deck plate motor. Motor lasted almost 4 seasons until the big turbo was put on.
Our season around here normally consist of 25+ hooks. However once I build my truck up to 3.0 level I plan on traveling more and hooking more. Have some fun with it and such.

Hope to meet you someday at a pull.

Well my season was cut short due to a split block. You can view my thread in the carnage section. Main reason why I'm building a deck plate motor. Motor lasted almost 4 seasons until the big turbo was put on.
Our season around here normally consist of 25+ hooks. However once I build my truck up to 3.0 level I plan on traveling more and hooking more. Have some fun with it and such.
Hope to meet you someday at a pull.

Yep I've watched most of your threads. I was impressed with what you was doing with the cr stuff, at the same time disappointed to see you going away from it. LOL doing things different is what is neat to me. I was really wanting to see what you could do with one of the big 3.0 chargers. Where will you pull 3.0 with mostly? PPL east?

Yep I've watched most of your threads. I was impressed with what you was doing with the cr stuff, at the same time disappointed to see you going away from it. LOL doing things different is what is neat to me. I was really wanting to see what you could do with one of the big 3.0 chargers. Where will you pull 3.0 with mostly? PPL east?

Difficult decision to make but I just can't get the fuel rate I want from a cr. Also got tired of spending big $$ on injectors and stuff.

Ya I probably go hook with Jeremy and those guys.

The group that currently pull with is dragon motorsports. But we pretty much have an open class.

You guys know that ODL is drop boxes and reverses right? 2.6 was supposed to be a street class. I think youre going to scare away potential trucks. Sure you don't "need" to buy a Rockwell to pull but no ones going to want to pull against a that. You need classes that you can spend some time in and jump up. Why don't some 2.6 guys want to go to a 3.0 class with a unlimited rear end? If the answer is spending more money then think about Workstock guys wanting to build a 2.6 truck.

Completely agree 2.6 was built on the edge of streetable and should be kept on that edge, ODL is a bad idea however im not against opening up the rear diffs. This option does not affect the class in the form it is in currently. If 2.6 wants bigger go to the 3.0 or rwyb.

My 2 cents. Some of the tracks and crews not schooled on makeing a decent track has more to do with r&p issues than actual stress on same. When tracks aren't properly prepared and you get a bounce at the end that s usually when it lets go. With that in mind I vote for heavy rear ends to eliminate the damage done that is not in a pullers control.

My 2 cents. Some of the tracks and crews not schooled on makeing a decent track has more to do with r&p issues than actual stress on same. When tracks aren't properly prepared and you get a bounce at the end that s usually when it lets go. With that in mind I vote for heavy rear ends to eliminate the damage done that is not in a pullers control.

Have also seen the same thing first 20-30 ft out. Maybe where the grading & packing tractors are swinging around to head back the other way, but trucks will get the bounce where the rear unloads and digs back in. Kabam

I ran a 24" hitch hight all session my truck is low on power but ran the same as it did last year and didn't change ring and pinion once not saying it worked but definitely must have helped

Went to a 2.6 hook last night with BoB. Very tight/gummy track that was a little rough in a couple spots. Half the class broke. Couple of trucks wadded up the whole driveline. Front end, rear end, tie rods, tcase.

With the technology that's avail today 2.6 trucks are capable of Producing More HP then the current DL rules can support, Even if open R-axle was allowed my fear is the weak link will just transfer to T-case and transmission rules in 2.6.

I don't think the $ will separate the 2.6 and 3.0 class, To make a 2.6 competitive you will be close to 3.0 invested.

Went to a 2.6 hook last night with BoB. Very tight/gummy track that was a little rough in a couple spots. Half the class broke. Couple of trucks wadded up the whole driveline. Front end, rear end, tie rods, tcase.

Yep I agree if its a biter, it will tame any truck, even if you survive the taming track it just shows it ugly head at the hook.

Last edited:
Back