2wd or 4wd if you could go either way for Pro-Street?

I'll be curious to see how many pro-street guys build something for new 08 pro mod class or whatever they call it. Fuel only, twins and 3800#'s sounds like good 8 second fun to me.

Ok lets think here...pro street...i would assume that means vehicles for the street, not vehicles you take around the block and say their street vehicles. People dont go out and buy big slicks to drive around all day, they have normal tires, so why should a vehicle in a street class have slicks, or a gutted interior, or one race seat, or custom suspension for the strip, i just dont get it, i might be the village idiot, but i know the difference between a drag truck and a street driven truck.

Our truck is a street driven truck and it has slicks for the race track :rockwoot:

You don't drive on the street with slicks :badidea:

It has a 4 link suspension in the back that makes it hook and rides better than stock :rules:

It is not gutted it has A/C , GPS , Stereo with Amp and Speakers , CD , DVD :soap:

It gets it roll cage soon :woohoo:

OK I'm new to modern drag racing, got back into it after a 45 year hiatus. I was just getting use to the xmas tree and you throw, "filled blocks" at me. What is the purpose of that, and how does it help drag racing?

The original title of this thread is 2 or 4 wheel drive for drag racing. While I dearly love the 4x4 I have to agree that as power gets bigger 2 wheel is probably the way to go. I think the fastest Dmax right now is a 4x4, Buck Spruill's. Fletcher's Dodge is 2 wheel drive and he doesn't seem to have any trouble hooking it up on the launch. Street legal is a vague term. Fletcher's truck is street legal, I doubt he would want to drive it very far to race it like most of us who race daily drivers do. my 2 cents worth.

Back