2wd or 4wd if you could go either way for Pro-Street?

You are right , maxtech, but you have to find a way to get a 2 wheel drive to hook with a 4X4.

Also, the rules are going to have to be made very restrictive to get the trucks in an "equal" class. Now, is that possible? I don't know, but one thing is sure. There is more than 200 Xs the number of hot street trucks that could race, than the number of "Pro Street" trucks now on the track. Which do we want, a few fast trucks, or 40 to 50 on the tracks every race? All trucks have there place, they just have to be put in there respective place.

I've been racing my old hotrod friday nite at the Atlanta round track. We drag race down pit road. Two things I have learned with out a doubt. I cannot launch with a 4x4, and I cannot run again'st an S-10 blown chev, on the bottle. I give away 2000 lbs and 150 HP. Just too much much to overcome. I get jumped that truck length, and just ain't got enough to make it up. Still a blast to do.

..PrestonL..

Last edited:
I agree. We can start cutting the classes up when we have enough trucks to do so...........Then we can start complaining about inducers, RPM, ASO's etc like the pullers LOL

Well I can't sit on the sidelines anymore. First of all its very obvious there are alot of "keyboard dragracers " trying to make a point on something they know nothing about.
#1 What are the 60' ft of these 4x4's thats so out of reach? My two wheeler does mid to low 150's.
#2 Whats with this "these trucks are not streetable":blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: . You've got two with filled blocks {obviously not streetable } and everyone else that could drive there truck coast to coast if we wanted to.
A 4x4 will eventually be a thing of the past as these trucks get faster.

It sure was calm with you on the side lines. Now we're in trouble.

..Preston..

who has filled blocks,and if you swap them crappy race seats out a coast to coast ride would be no problem...xcept for money for fuel.the biggest issue i see with pro street is the rules,i talked with dave dunbar about this and the rules ar based on state laws as to what is dot leagl and isnt.for example in nc we have to have inspection stickers that some trucks wouldnt pass i dont beleive,however most would.but themn again how can you blame some one when there truck will pass in one state but not in another.i dont think you can fairly,its gonna take written rules with all in agreement.i think all can be made streetable.i think we should start going on a little 40 mile trip or 20 or something come back and let folks put on race tires and race.if the racers dont get stopped or pulled and tickted during this tour or over heat they arwe deffinately street legal.i also think proof of license and insurance should be a must

bones said:
who has filled blocks,and if you swap them crappy race seats out a coast to coast ride would be no problem...xcept for money for fuel.the biggest issue i see with pro street is the rules,i talked with dave dunbar about this and the rules ar based on state laws as to what is dot leagl and isnt.for example in nc we have to have inspection stickers that some trucks wouldnt pass i dont beleive,however most would.but themn again how can you blame some one when there truck will pass in one state but not in another.i dont think you can fairly,its gonna take written rules with all in agreement.i think all can be made streetable.i think we should start going on a little 40 mile trip or 20 or something come back and let folks put on race tires and race.if the racers dont get stopped or pulled and tickted during this tour or over heat they arwe deffinately street legal.i also think proof of license and insurance should be a must
Now there is a good suggestion,that would rule out non streetable trucks.

I don't have crappy race seats. I guess because I drive mine on the street.

David we could have a 100 mile drive and you still wouldn't be able to hang on the track.:aiwebs_015: :aiwebs_015: :aiwebs_015: :aiwebs_015: :aiwebs_015:

If y'all remember the first Pro Street race Dennis had at RBR in BG, the trucks had to drive a course through town with all parts of the truck functional. I dare say today, some of the trucks couldn't do that. The one's that can, they're Pro Street. The others are modified. That said, a truck that drives on the street, with all the plumbing for a bottle, doesn't mean he has to use it on the street. But he does have it for time's he want to use it. Like passing slow big rigs. 5500 lbs, one turbo, and a bottle is Pro Street. Tires is your call. But you cannot drive the road course on slicks.

I'm just saying we've gotten so far from a street truck, how is it called Pro Street?

By the way David, the umbrella's you have on your trailer are really a neat setup.

..PrestonL..

Good post, thanks Tom. I think the road course would be a GREAT idea. Although, when this course is run.... will a truck need to run this before and after and if so, how close to the actual race...day, hour or minutes?

Last edited:
we dont have crappy seats either but arse is a bit to wide to rid coast to coast squeezed in that narow little seat...

i say running them on the street for 20-40 miles is a great idea, but once they get back to the track none of this changing tires business, you run it how you ran it on the street.

OK, next question...

Long box or short box with regular cab???

This is assuming the truck is a 2wd.

CookCR said:
i say running them on the street for 20-40 miles is a great idea, but once they get back to the track none of this changing tires business, you run it how you ran it on the street.
Just noticed the wording under your title, so never mind.

Alan, you best hush while you are ahead bud LOL LOL

Eric, I think short box, mainly for weight transfer, a long box will hook but it's not going to as well or as easily IMHO.

But you can't have a short box diesel unless you built it from a half ton, or cut it down from a 2500.

I say long box. long box will appear to be stock and you will need to ADD weight to somewhere.

turbothom said:
But you can't have a short box diesel unless you built it from a half ton, or cut it down from a 2500.

Take a 3/4 ton 2wd standard cab and back halve it and use a short bed in place of the long bed :ylsuper: Or build a Dakota with a Cummins :bow:

Back