2wd or 4wd if you could go either way for Pro-Street?

I don't see why. David's truck is pro street. These others are pro mod, without a tube chassis.

A true drag truck would be 2wd, as light as possible.

the 4x4 launch would be great but I doubt you could overcome the sheer mass compared to a 2wd.

dan

You're right David, but you're not in the 9 sec bracket. These trucks are not street legal.
turbothom said:
I don't see why. David's truck is pro street. These others are pro mod, without a tube chassis.

Just out of curiosity what is the difference between Pro mod and Pro Street if the rules says they have to weigh 5500lbs?

You'll have more power to the ground with 2WD, which should make you pull a lot harder form half track than a 4WD. Rotating mass kills a lot of power, and traction can be had with a little work. This is coming from a guy with plenty experience on the 1320, but all in cars, no trucks. I figure though if we were killing as much rotating mass as possible, to the point of lighter brakes and wheels then the extra couple hundred pounds of rotating mass in the front drive system would have to suck down some serious power.

Just my thoughts,
George

zukgod1 said:
A true drag truck would be 2wd, as light as possible.

the 4x4 launch would be great but I doubt you could overcome the sheer mass compared to a 2wd.

dan
But Pro-Street is still supposed to be streetable no? At what point does it fall into a modified category?

turbothom said:
You're right David, but you're not in the 9 sec bracket. These trucks are not street legal.

..Preston..

Fletchers truck is still street legal:poke:

Agreed...we have street legal 6 second cars running around down here.

I guess "street legal" depends on where your from too...hell...my truck isn't street legal in California.

..........Flip Flops

Can't drive with Flip flops......:bang LOL

Well David, from what I'm gathering, the Pro Mod is a tube chassis. Pro Street is supposed to be just that. Streetable. An engine with concrete in it is not a streetable engine. I feel for this class thing to get straight, rules are going to have to be made stronger, or more classes put in place.

..Preston..

turbothom said:

..Preston..

Up here they are........:woohoo:

Fletcher said:
Up here they are........:woohoo:

Oh, wise one “ become one with the wind so everyone call feel the breeze”
Grass hopper......yeap haw !!!!

turbothom said:

..Preston..

How you figure?

turbothom said:
Well David, from what I'm gathering, the Pro Mod is a tube chassis. Pro Street is supposed to be just that. Streetable. An engine with concrete in it is not a streetable engine. I feel for this class thing to get straight, rules are going to have to be made stronger, or more classes put in place.

..Preston..
Ya your right a filled block would not be streetable and technically should not be entered in Pro Street .

turbothom said:

..Preston..
:Cheer: Makes plenty of sense right there.

id like to know why UB's truck isnt legal out here in cali?

oh, and for the question, i guess if it was going to be track only then 2wd. if it saw the street quite a bit than 4wd. it's too obvious driving around with ET streets. :lolly:

Garrett

turbothom said:

..Preston..

I some what agree but the problem with more classes is getting enough trucks to make the classes competitive.

Maybe in the future when there are more trucks that are drag racing we could have Pro Street,Pro Stock,and Pro Mod.

Ok, looks like the favor leans on the 2wd. That is what I was expecting overall.

The whole "streatable" arguement here is blah blah IMO. Same with the pullers, the "street" class? Anybody else see those two dodge's at the top of the street class at Scheid?

I agree with Howling, we dont have the trucks right now to split this up anymore then it is. At this point, we need more Pro Street guys. Nobody here can tell me it wont be fun to see a solid 10-12 trucks or more at every event.

Back