2wd sledpulling

Here is what i have learned about pulling with a 2 wd. With 33 inch boggers u will have the power to hit 2nd gear on a packet track. I am going to try some 31 or 30 inch boggers and see if i can reach 3rd possibly 4th. With 315/75 mtz the 4x4 guys dont beat me by much at all. Your pintal hitch get it as close to the bumber as u can. the more u have hanging out of your receiver the more height u are dropping when your front end goes to raise. Your truck will probley hop a little coming out of the whole once u get your wheel speed up you are good no more hop. Your front tires should come off the ground about 1 inch thats how u no if ur weight is transfering proplery and if your hitch is close enough into the receiver. Put all the weight as far back as u can. Huggin the tail gate if possible. And then be ready to hang with the big dogs

duramaxin14 said:
Here is what i have learned about pulling with a 2 wd. With 33 inch boggers u will have the power to hit 2nd gear on a packet track. I am going to try some 31 or 30 inch boggers and see if i can reach 3rd possibly 4th. With 315/75 mtz the 4x4 guys dont beat me by much at all. Your pintal hitch get it as close to the bumber as u can. the more u have hanging out of your receiver the more height u are dropping when your front end goes to raise. Your truck will probley hop a little coming out of the whole once u get your wheel speed up you are good no more hop. Your front tires should come off the ground about 1 inch thats how u no if ur weight is transfering proplery and if your hitch is close enough into the receiver. Put all the weight as far back as u can. Huggin the tail gate if possible. And then be ready to hang with the big dogs

Thanks for the info. I figured you would put the weight between the rearend and the tailgate. I figure I can stuff a decent tire on the back. I'll be running a dual disc and leaving in third. I have to get some things thought out and start building some of the things I'm going to need. Were are you placing in the pack? Have any video of you pulling?

Andy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvQ0t_FxEL8 This pull is a good reason why not to hit 3rd gear on 35's Sounds like i just killed the motor in this pull. Took me for ever to get the charger back up and going

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYxRR8-p2Ns On this pull the truck was not defueling i had to keep letting off the accelerater because the truck was hopping to back and had a very bad virbration. This was my very first pull ever. My second pull was not caught on tape but i got my front to tires just pass the two cones which the cones is the full pull mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ1htHH6dxM This is the pull i messed my tranny up on. It was slipping pretty bad on this pull. Ya i no its a stocker but hope to have my built one in soon and do it some more.

Good luck to u guys and i hope we create a bigger 2wd crowd world wide.

Thanks for sharing. Your truck sits high. I figure since I'm good freinds with some 2wd pullers around here we can get it figured out. I think with mine sitting lower I should do halfway decent. I need to get my traction bars, stops, and a few other things made.

I can imagine a 2wd class. The modified class would be tractors with glass truck body's and carry the front wheels down the track. Thats a crowd pleaser for sure.

Gotcha, I dont know why you guys think 2wd diesels cant pull sled. I guess you dont have 2WD pulling trucks like we do around here.

I don't see why it wouldn't work....The pulling tractors are 2wd. Of course thats alot of motor and tire and they are shorter. Would be fun to watch though, I'd pay to see a truck pull with the front tires coming up...

JFlagg said:
Would be fun to watch though, I'd pay to see a truck pull with the front tires coming up...

Dang right. wheelhangers are fun to watch

I have to get mine set up and just start pushing it. I want to pull so bad but dont want to buy another truck.

i've seen plenty of 4wheel trucks get beatin bad by 2wheel trucks i've seen the scheid truck refuse to pulloff against a 2wheel

I have acess to a design and engineering department at work that I'm going to have build my traction bars and weight racks. Told me we will find the center of gravity and build from there. The guy builds race cars so we will see what he comes up with.

duramaxin14 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvQ0t_FxEL8 This pull is a good reason why not to hit 3rd gear on 35's Sounds like i just killed the motor in this pull. Took me for ever to get the charger back up and going

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYxRR8-p2Ns On this pull the truck was not defueling i had to keep letting off the accelerater because the truck was hopping to back and had a very bad virbration. This was my very first pull ever. My second pull was not caught on tape but i got my front to tires just pass the two cones which the cones is the full pull mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ1htHH6dxM This is the pull i messed my tranny up on. It was slipping pretty bad on this pull. Ya i no its a stocker but hope to have my built one in soon and do it some more.

Good luck to u guys and i hope we create a bigger 2wd crowd world wide.

I have a 2wd to so take that into consideration. But it seems with these videos you show good reason NOT to pull with 2wd. Also seems each has an excuse for the outcome.

It has to start somewere. Rules will be different I believe for a 2wd class. We will see, if I cant get it to do decent I'll tell all of you that doubt us you were right.

Dazed&Confused said:
It has to start somewere. Rules will be different I believe for a 2wd class. We will see, if I cant get it to do decent I'll tell all of you that doubt us you were right.

I do not doubt what you say, infact they want a 2wd calss to get me to pull. But he dosent help his case!!! Im not picking on him, just seems he dosent justify his cause.

The way I see it is he is out there doing something others say cant be done. It will be alot of trial and error so we will see what happens. I'm going to see if I can pull once or twice with the 6K gas 2wds to see how it likes the sled. I can get mine under 6K I believe just have to try. I just want to see it grow. I cant see why it wouldnt.

Back