2wd sledpulling

2WD gasser pulling???

:umno: Never seen or heard of it up here.

The 6200 street gasser 4WD classes are bad enough!!! LOL

nwpadmax said:
I guess I've always looked at it like this: for the cubic dollars it takes to enter the sport, if I'm not going to run top-ten, then it'll sit in the garage.

It's competition. If you're not competitive, and never going to be, why would you keep going after an impossible goal? Seems like insanity.

This is EXACTLY how I feel about pulling. Well put!!!

-Tom

I know 2wd's have been around a long time, but I thought the only 2wd's out there were the ones with the blown motor's and huge tires all the way in the back?? Those are pretty cool, I guess, if there are'nt any 4wd's to watch.....

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: J/K

-Tom

Dazed&Confused, you should talk to 2wPuller on here, he is building a 2wd truck. Maybe he could give you some useful insight?

-Tom

I was waiting for him to chime in Tom. I'm going to talk to some of the 2wd pullers around here and see what they think. I would like to run a 14.50" wide rear tire, dont want to have to much tire though. Just like the 4x4 class it has to start somewere. I thought DHRA was talking about adding a class for the 2wd's next season but cant find any info on it.

Big Andy

Tcolesanti said:
I know 2wd's have been around a long time, but I thought the only 2wd's out there were the ones with the blown motor's and huge tires all the way in the back?? Those are pretty cool, I guess, if there are'nt any 4wd's to watch.....

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: J/K

-Tom

Yeah there are lots of different classes. They even run 2wd mini trucks with naturally aspirated big blocks. We are talking S10s and such.

a little birdy told me that they were doing away with some 2wd classes next year. All hearsay.

Ive been talking to one of them trying to buy one minus engine and tranny but will be a while on getting it running unless i can con dad in helping me.

I.m back I have been to bussyto set at the computor trying to get some hod and end done on my wifes truck [72 c10 2wd-witha 5.9 cummins] before it gets to cool out side.DHRA is having a 2wd class.
Dale

Motor rule are the same as the mod class DHRA
Body must be fulsize
frame we have is made to the NTPA,OUTLAW,rules
Weight 6200lb
Tire size 18.4x16.1
I,ll Pm you my no,
Dale

Ok, I'll give you a call when I can talk. Are those rules listed somewere on the web?

wow......... look what i started :hehe: i havent done anything with my 2wd since started this thread....... to much crap going on....

malibu795 said:
wow......... look what i started :hehe: i havent done anything with my 2wd since started this thread....... to much crap going on....

Well you better get to work so that I have someone to pull against in Feb.:D

All this TALK of 2wd pulling.............just do it already!!! and quit the internet keyboard pecking then you might get some respect.

Well if none of you have seen a Naturally aspirated 2wd street gasser, then look in my signature. We have been running this truck for a long time now. I can't count how many time we have got into a discussion at the tracks about how much the 4x4 trucks couold out pull us 2wd's. But in the end the sled guy would always chim ein and say that most of the time the 2wd trucks need more wieght than the 4x4 trucks. If you allow a 30" hitch on the 2wd trucks, block the suspention and have 4 link ladder bar tracktion bar system, then a 4x4 with the same power wouldn't stand a chance depending on the drivers and the setup of the 2 trucks. I say go for it. Dazed and Confused, I forgot to mention anything about 2wds pulling with us at our rules meeting. But there is nothing in the rules that say you can't. Just ask me if you need any tips and I would say with us two working to gether, the 4wd's will be fairly pissed by the end of the season.

Back