550hp with the VE

roachie

Taco Master
Ive read a lot of speculation and have thus far been unable to find any concrete info. What parts combos have done this on fuel only?

Best I can tell a 14mm head, retarded injectors, and a very very good supply system.

Air would be supplied by the standard HX35/HT3B set.

Oh and on nitrous, I made 972rwhp and STOMP made 899rwhp, so big injectors and bottle really wake VE's up!!

He's not saying it didn't work. It's just not a simple setup that anybody can bolt on.

I love seeing these VEs make power tho!

did it still work? lol. how many other ve setups have done 600 hp fuel only with a SINGLE charger lol?

You know nobody wants to see VE's succeed like me, but....

1.No type of dyno
2.No graph
3.No boost/egt levels
4.Uncorrected or corrected
Etc....

I do have to say, it sounds like no other VE.

Need to search further back...both KTA and STOMP did 650-ish with a 14mm setup back 6-7 years ago. As I recall, I think STOMP just has a HX40/BHT3B setup. Just don't try and turn huge rpm, or run the 14mm out of fuel, and you should be fine.

Edit: Stomp - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

And Smoking Ace would disagree with you on the RPM thing. Turning 3300-4500rpms for the last year sled pulling. With a Rocken Tech head too.

You know nobody wants to see VE's succeed like me, but....

1.No type of dyno
2.No graph
3.No boost/egt levels
4.Uncorrected or corrected
Etc....

I do have to say, it sounds like no other VE.

very true buddy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eD1SSYHFQMs

Bill Gilbert made 556 rwhp with his truck before he sold it. I bet he could have got more out of it with some more tuning. He's on here, but I haven't seen him post much in a while. From what I remember he had a 62/71/12 over a box stock 171702 S475, 14mm VE with normal tweaking and some 6x.016s. Studs and o rings, but no ported head. Aeromotive boost referenced lift pump setup. I try to remember all the good running VE truck setups, but maybe he'll see this and give a little more detail.

Last edited:
Those that broke 500, what specifically was done to their pumps? This is going in a 2wd street truck, reliability is a concern, and I don't seen much need for it to turn over 3500 if that high.

14mm h&r, 6x16s, fast spooling compounds, electric lift pumps, regulated fuel pressure, tuning.

I don't like doing this but... Subscribed for the read.
Don't give this one up Roach. I'd like to see what you make out of it.

I know there are a couple of guys who disagree but I don't think the 14mm is a good idea if you really want it to be reliable. Too many stories of people seizing them. Bill said the guy he sold the 556 horse truck to had the pump fail not long after he bought it and it got p pumped.

http://www.1stgen.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=961

Here is some good reading if you want to see what people have done and how much power it got them.

this dyno sheet it not very good I'll get another for all of you[ame="http://s568.photobucket.com/user/86turboram/media/001.jpg.html"]001.jpg Photo by 86turboram | Photobucket[/ame]
heres the backup run I cannot find the 609hp run sheet ... the run was made with a 63.5 mm s300, 6x19 injectors, boost was 50psi egt unknown (bad probe) 188/220 cam, port job,duel fed 14mm ve powerd 24v with a hurt motor

Ive been a little busy with my 2.5 puller and didn't think I had to prove myself:stab:

For the unbelievers doubt all you want but I have a new pump that If I can hold it together it will make 900rwhp

Last edited:
Roachie if you want to know pump mods and design , pm me I'll share info with someone who will use it

Back