6.7 base 12v Race Engine

Pretty straightforward. Fancy billet or modified gear housing. reat seal retainer, oil cooler, pan, pickup, ect are all different than 12V stuff.

Some people make a big deal over the head gasket. The oil passage for the rocker arms is about half covered when using a 12V gasket on a CR block, they still get more than enough oil and work just fine.

My question is, how terrible would it run with centered 6.7 bowls and factory 12v pattern nozzles?

Yes, I know multiple people sell 12v injectors for centered bowl.

If you're planning on 1300+hp I would suggest sleeving or a deckplate. Have people made more without it? Sure. 4.125 is a commonly used bore when sleeved that is plenty strong, factory 5.9 bore would make for a cheaper setup since you can use factory pistons. Put cam bearings in it. The rest has already been mentioned.

To answer the last question, they dont like much timing. I know of a setup running wide bowl CR pistons in a 12v with standard pattern injectors and it goes downhill power wise at 28*, and fast

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

If you're planning on 1300+hp I would suggest sleeving or a deckplate. Have people made more without it? Sure. 4.125 is a commonly used bore when sleeved that is plenty strong, factory 5.9 bore would make for a cheaper setup since you can use factory pistons. Put cam bearings in it. The rest has already been mentioned.

To answer the last question, they dont like much timing. I know of a setup running wide bowl CR pistons in a 12v with standard pattern injectors and it goes downhill power wise at 28*, and fast

can also use commonly used shelf pistons with mods along with modified spray pattern nozzles.
:what:

Last edited:
can also use commonly used shelf pistons with mods along with modified spray pattern nozzles.
:what:
I'm aware. I was replying to the comment directly above mine, asking how poorly it would run with factory 6.7 equipment, and factory angle 12V injectors. It's not ideal.

2ba35de089bfa04434433d39c58d75fe.jpg

I like mine. It’s worked well for me for 2 seasons now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for some feedback 2 tries and no luck sealing the head gasket.
First time one of the head gasket crimps was holding me up off the block about .015 and was leaking coolant, second time i sprayed with hi tack and after she got warm I had coolant and oil seeping/ leaking.

questions I have...

Has anybody been successful using a 6.7 mls fire ring head gasket on a 6.7 block and a 12v head running coolant? If you have how smooth was the surface finish?

If I try a composite 24v head gasket next , has anybody had luck sealing this? my concern is the scalloped water jackets around the cylinder on the block leaking...

Lastly my fire rings are cut into my head only, I left the shop for today so I cant measure but does the composite and mls gasket have the same crushed measurement or do you cut the ring depths different?

after removing the head with 1 hot re torque my fire rings measured .0925-,093 crushed with the current mls.

could use some advice from someone who fought this already…. Thanks guys

MLS fire ringed gaskets require deeper fire ring grooves, usually 046" total depth for a radius groove vs 036" total depth for a radius groove composite standard thickness 12v or 24v gasket.

Back