6.7 cummins in a 2nd gen

:pop: that turned out looking sharp. This is yet another example of why I am hooked on Competition Diesel, there is a lot of can-do mixed with talent supported by knowledge.

Thank you I'm really anxious to get this thing running, just a little bit longer wait time on the shortblock.

Essentially the pin out for each of the wires. In all of factory wiring diagrams I'm having s bit of hard time figuring out which is which.

Basically what I'm doing is putting a 2006 CR into a 2003 gasser. I'm down to wiring all the words coming out of the C130 connector to the C2.

Figured the LD t-case will not cut it with my plans. I've been doing research and I'm going with a 271F case.

1. I don't want 1350 cardan double joint on my front shaft
2. the 271 is physically bigger and stronger internally
3. no more leaky seal on the rear slip yoke to deal with

241hd on left.

27251169675_723be22ae8_b.jpg

Last edited:
Figured the LD t-case will not cut it with my plans. I've been doing research and I'm going with a 271F case.

1. I don't want 1350 cardan double joint on my front shaft
2. the 271 is physically bigger and stronger internally
3. no more leaky seal on the rear slip yoke to deal with

241hd on left.

27251169675_723be22ae8_b.jpg

Are those a manual case? Also what you doing with the old hd parts

Are those a manual case? Also what you doing with the old hd parts

The dodge versions are marked D, and Fords F

271 (manual shift case)

273 (electric shift case)

Fords had them since the late 90's dodges had them since 03.

The picture I found here on comp D while searching the subject, never had my hands on a 241hd

The auto 271 and 241 use a 23 spline input while the manual uses a 29 spline input. As long as the input is correct they will both work. The 241 HD is the same as the LD only with a bigger main shaft, which is still smaller than the 271 main shaft.

The auto 271 and 241 use a 23 spline input while the manual uses a 29 spline input. As long as the input is correct they will both work. The 241 HD is the same as the LD only with a bigger main shaft, which is still smaller than the 271 main shaft.

Wonder why so many people switch to them then?

You got pictures of mainshafts to compare?

Wonder why so many people switch to them then?

You got pictures of mainshafts to compare?

I don't have any pictures of them. So far on my puller the only failure I have had out of my 271 is the chain breaking. Other than that its been a tank.

The chain on the 271 is also thicker than both the 241's.

I don't have any pictures of them. So far on my puller the only failure I have had out of my 271 is the chain breaking. Other than that its been a tank.

The chain on the 271 is also thicker than both the 241's.

Was the chain you broke the one that you got with the case or was it new?

Good info, thanks bud

I have a 271 torn Down at the shop, I think I have a 41 there as well. If I remember I can get pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back