7.3 L only start good when it's warm?

This Comp D right...Bringing the Best together Correct?? Maybe the guy figured he would come to this site and get the correct information or help from people who work on these trucks all the time rather then play the guessing game or google it. Just my opinion but carry on

Way to be a prick

Typical ford cry babies. The search function here works quite well.

Last edited:
Typical ford cry babies. The search function here works quite well.

You were the one B!tch!ng. and your sounding like the typical guy who dind't get any the previous night and is still p!!sed about it. Guy was just looking for help not someone to be a d!ck

You were the one B!tch!ng. and your sounding like the typical guy who dind't get any the previous night and is still p!!sed about it. Guy was just looking for help not someone to be a d!ck

Not sure what "any" is. Must be a Ford thing because I've never found it on diesel motor.

sorry "any" = Laid, but hey stated my opinion so that's it. It's people like you who drive people away from sites like this but owell. But hey guy still friends....

sorry "any" = Laid, but hey stated my opinion so that's it. It's people like you who drive people away from sites like this but owell. But hey guy still friends....

you do have to type "competition" to get on to this website.......

when i bs competition engines at the garage, glo plugs are never part of it, for that matter 7.3 arent really part of it either LOL

but thats my opinion as well

What us the icp and lpr? And do u know were there located?

This post is so full of fail....

So is this one....

Must be that the ford computers don't have spell check! LOL

Last edited:
LOL Thanks bro!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs[/ame]

Last edited:
It is what it is. Just pointed out you were being a dick that is all. and once again guy still friends..

Use the scan tool to look at your data before throwing useless expensive parts at it, then look at the basics. Just because the GP relay clicks doesn't mean there is connectivity through it.

Last edited:
Ok guys I'm sorry for starting a feud.. Ok so I am replacing the batteries because they checked out bad. But when u fire it up it's still noisy on the injectors tell it warms up.. There's a sensor on the drivers side head near the pump that is cracked and leaking oil.. Are any of u familiar with that? I can only get it from the dealer and it's a $180 :( i believe it's called the injector pressure sensor.

once again google is your friend

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&biw=1267&bih=526&q=ford%20injector%20pressure%20sensor&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=50529l52042l0l52666l6l6l0l0l0l0l296l1185l2-5l5l0&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iw#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=ford+7.3+injector+pressure+sensor&pbx=1&oq=ford+7.3+injector+pressure+sensor&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=21560l22106l0l22542l4l3l0l0l0l1l203l499l0.2.1l3l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=2ce789eeaf5c2cec&biw=1267&bih=526"]ford injector pressure sensor - Google Search[/ame]

Ford Injection Control Pressure Sensor ICP 7.3L Powerstroke F6TZ-9F838-A

Ok guys I'm sorry for starting a feud.. Ok so I am replacing the batteries because they checked out bad. But when u fire it up it's still noisy on the injectors tell it warms up.. There's a sensor on the drivers side head near the pump that is cracked and leaking oil.. Are any of u familiar with that? I can only get it from the dealer and it's a $180 :( i believe it's called the injector pressure sensor.

Do you understand your injection system first of all? Fix your oil leak and call it done, the 7.3 and 6.0 can be very loud untill the oil warms up, hence why most run a lighter weight in the 6.0s all winter; 7.3s arnt as finicky... Good luck

Just a heads up.... Ford Truck Enthusiasts 7.3L forum, Ford Diesel Power, Powerstroke Army and Powerstroke Nation will have more 7.3L guys around for tech support for future info....

The GPR is the Glow Plug Relay...If you can hear it click then it is working. ICP is Injector Control Pressure. The IPR(Injection Pressure Regulator) controls ICP. You can do a google search for powerstroke acronyms and should come up with the list of the common ones for the 7.3.

What exactly do you mean by hard start? Is it turning over slow, is it stumbling, misfiring, or running rough before smoothing out? Is it just taking longer to crank before it fires? Are you getting any kind of smoke after it has sat for awhile? What color? Does it smell like unburnt fuel if its smoking?

How old are your batteries? Have you checked the voltage on each battery(pull the cables so they aren't connected)? How old is your starter?

Ok so the battery's checked out bad and replaced them, it cranks over better but the prob is after u let it sit like over night and u go to start it up it takes prob 3-4 try's to get it to start and when it does start it runs really ruff like it's missing for about a minute then it smooths out and is fine.. Theres no smoke when I start it up. And FYI I did replace the ICP switch because it was cracked and leaking oil and that did make it better because before that it would take like 5 min before it would run good.. And also when u start it up you can floor it and it will only go up to around a 1000rpms and gradually build but takes time.. Any thoughts?

Here is another thing that does not cost you money... Seeing how the scan tool doesn't seem to be an option. Remove the plug in the top of the HPOP resivoir (sp?) and see if the oil level is with in 1" of the top before starting after it has been sitting for whatever amount of time you have problems. Also the clown who stated that if the relay clicks then it works is not a real help....Put a volt meter on the glowplug side of the relay and when the key is on (do not start) see if you have BATTERY VOLTAGE there. Do the basics first....

Here is another thing that does not cost you money... Seeing how the scan tool doesn't seem to be an option. Remove the plug in the top of the HPOP resivoir (sp?) and see if the oil level is with in 1" of the top before starting after it has been sitting for whatever amount of time you have problems. Also the clown who stated that if the relay clicks then it works is not a real help....Put a volt meter on the glowplug side of the relay and when the key is on (do not start) see if you have BATTERY VOLTAGE there. Do the basics first....

Ok I'll will def do that with checking the oil level.. I was kinda leaning to possibly it be that it's loosing the prime.. I've done some research And seen there is a solenoid located someone on the pump. Do u happen to know were it is.. And the gp relay checked out fine.. Thank you for your help bro..

The oil plug you remove is on the very top on the drivers side next to the oil pressure switch and uses an allen wrench. the solenoid you are refering to is the IPR and it usually hangs open or closed, you need the scan tool to check that one or some 5k psi gauges and some fancy fittings and adapters for the oil lines.

Back